Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

Dion says hi from Waiters Island! ;)

I dont think Dion was a consensus 5* although he clearly should have been. His ranking probably was hurt by committing to Cuse so early and switching schools so many times.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200712-003142_Instagram.jpg

What happened to his hand in that pic?

I can’t get over how similar his style is to Devendorf. Body language, jump shot and how he attacks the rim looks just like Eric. Eric would finish everything with his left hand where Cruzz is a little more right handed on drives.

I say wait and see how Dior and Zion play together and that will give a good indication what our chances are.

I honestly think if he commits early, it’ll be us. The longer it drags out, the more likely it is to be someone else.

1) hes already been to campus (I don’t think he’s taken any other visits)
2) Dior. If he wants to play with Dior in college, we are the obvious choice. This isn’t changing

I do wonder about the playing time/dynamic of Dior/JG3/Kadary with Zion/Gayle/Westry.

like I’ve said before - I think Gayle would be ok with coming in and being the 3rd guard, knowing he’ll get the keys in 2023. I think Zion is more likely wanting to go somewhere where he’s the dude from day 1 - thatll be difficult with Dior/JG3. I think Westry and Kadary will end up playing the bottom of the zone anyway.

I think it makes sense that the staff is locked in on Gayle. The question becomes if Dior wants Zion, snd Zion is ready to commit, what do you do with Gayle? It’s a good problem to have

I honestly think if he commits early, it’ll be us. The longer it drags out, the more likely it is to be someone else.

1) hes already been to campus (I don’t think he’s taken any other visits)
2) Dior. If he wants to play with Dior in college, we are the obvious choice. This isn’t changing

I do wonder about the playing time/dynamic of Dior/JG3/Kadary with Zion/Gayle/Westry.

like I’ve said before - I think Gayle would be ok with coming in and being the 3rd guard, knowing he’ll get the keys in 2023. I think Zion is more likely wanting to go somewhere where he’s the dude from day 1 - thatll be difficult with Dior/JG3. I think Westry and Kadary will end up playing the bottom of the zone anyway.

I think it makes sense that the staff is locked in on Gayle. The question becomes if Dior wants Zion, snd Zion is ready to commit, what do you do with Gayle? It’s a good problem to have
3rd guard? What are we doing with Sr Joe G at that point?

3rd guard? What are we doing with Sr Joe G at that point?
In the scenario when mentioning Gayle as the 3rd guard, I’m assuming Zion isn’t here. I fully believe Dior and JG3 get 30mpg + in 2022; which is why I’m not too sure Zion would be pumped to come here

Ideally, Kadary can learn the back of the zone or we're going to have a log jam (usually that's a good thing but in this sense, it isn't).

In the scenario when mentioning Gayle as the 3rd guard, I’m assuming Zion isn’t here. I fully believe Dior and JG3 get 30mpg + in 2022; which is why I’m not too sure Zion would be pumped to come here
This is getting old. With Dior and Kadary on the team, no way JG plays 30mpg + in2022. Kadary is already putting a show on in practice. This is not my opinion. He's better, way better.

This is getting old. With Dior and Kadary on the team, no way JG plays 30mpg + in2022. Kadary is already putting a show on in practice. This is not my opinion. He's better, way better.
I mean, let’s not act like JG3 was crappy last year. He averaged 12, 3 and 3...as a freshman getting thrown to the wolves basically. I want Kadary to make it hard as hell for JB to take him out of the game but JG3 is going to get minutes, especially as a senior

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom