Class of 2022 - PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Zion Cruz (NJ / PatrickNJ) Offered

I don't think you can assume they will play together for two seasons, just based on Dior's history of bouncing around from school to school.
Dior went to a better HS each time; he’s now at one of the best in the country, Back On the east coast. I doubt he leaves oak hill

Be good to get that Oak Hill pipeline going again. A lot of our success involved players we got from there. Who was our last Oak Hill guy? Baye?

I'm in this same camp except if Zion is Dior's guy and he can come in and work from a chemistry standpoint better I am all for it. Seeing these kids on their own is one thing but if your elite PG has an ideal back court PIC and it helps the team gel sooner that can reap major benefits of it's own outside specific skill sets.

Absolutely. By no means will I be upset with any of em. Just personal preference, but I’ll always support what the staff wants to do.

Be good to get that Oak Hill pipeline going again. A lot of our success involved players we got from there. Who was our last Oak Hill guy? Baye?
Yes.. Baye in 2010.
And 4 others that I recall... Melo, Edelin, Devo, and Dayshawn Wright.

if the next HC is to be pulled from the current staff, landing a first round potential like Zion will pay dividends in the future recruiting of high tier prospects with a current resumé of first round, hopefully lottery, picks.

not to mention the fact that that’d probably lock us in as the number 1 class and a return to the top 20 preseason if not accomplished in 2021

Just to play devil’s advocate, is the opposite also true then? Say Dior falls out of the lottery, and Cruz either comes back, or is teetering on the edge of the late first, early 2nd round. Would that hurt our recruiting? Throw in the inevitable JB bashing that likely comes to the forefront in that scenario.

Just to play devil’s advocate, is the opposite also true then? Say Dior falls out of the lottery, and Cruz either comes back, or is teetering on the edge of the late first, early 2nd round. Would that hurt our recruiting? Throw in the inevitable JB bashing that likely comes to the forefront in that scenario.
There’s no negatives imo when looking at the scenarios of those two returning as sophomores or being first round one and dones. These are Flynn and Waiters type talents. Boeheim’s system provides a very advantageous spotlight for freshmen studs, so I wouldn’t worry about squandering this opportunity and looking as if we can’t develop talent. Just a short while ago we had quite a streak of first round picks.

It really doesn’t matter what we want because if the staff likes Cruz they will take him. I’m not so choosy after what our recruiting has been. I can’t believe fans are questioning taking a top 20 player.

They're counting their chickens before they hatch as if the other recruits have already committed. This board should know better than anyone to wait until the actual commitment is announced and even then, the name is signed on the NLI. SU isn't in a position to say no to elite level talent.

Has that happened? Other than Kaleb Joseph (who also proved elsewhere he couldn’t play a whole lot) and Jalen Carey (tbd), JB has always gotten his highly recruited guards into the league.

And as good as Flynn, MCW, Waiters, Ennis were - none of them were as impressive as Dior is at this age

I don't think you can assume they will play together for two seasons, just based on Dior's history of bouncing around from school to school.
Findlay was supposed to be Dior’s last stop from what I know. Unfortunately they shut down and he had to go searching again

Screenshot_20200618-152401_Twitter.jpg

Go back and look at Zagoria’s history with his fascination with Kentucky, specifically his “big boyed” comments pertaining to Syracuse.
If he didn't someone else would. I fail to see the difference. And, I am familiar with Zagoria's history but this is what he gets paid for.

If he didn't someone else would. I fail to see the difference. And, I am familiar with Zagoria's history but this is what he gets paid for.

Tongue in cheek. Should have used sarcasm font.

ZZZ to Zagoria on Twitter. And what's with the giant letters - to leg-hump Pay Pal? Here's a better font:

View attachment 182759

Some people can't post tweets, so instead of getting a normal sized post like this:

they post a humongous screen capture of the tweet instead.

Zag is just a Cal humper, not a font abuser. :D

Has that happened? Other than Kaleb Joseph (who also proved elsewhere he couldn’t play a whole lot) and Jalen Carey (tbd), JB has always gotten his highly recruited guards into the league.

And as good as Flynn, MCW, Waiters, Ennis were - none of them were as impressive as Dior is at this age

I wasn’t saying anything. Just merely posing a question about what effect it would have if the opposite occurs since he posted that Cruz coming here would pay dividends for our future recruiting. But, apparently a scenario where Dior, or Cruz don’t meet expectations is too far fetched to be a possibility. I’m slightly afraid of what this board will look like if we don’t cut down the nets in Houston.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom