Phil Steele Preview | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Phil Steele Preview

Digital copy was released yesterday.

Highlights:

Sean Tucker and Mikel Jones 3rd Team All American and 1st Team All ACC (RB and LB)

Garrett Williams and Trevor Pena 2nd Team All ACC (DB and KR)

Duce Chestnut 3rd Team All ACC (DB)

Mathew Bergeron, Stefon Thompson and Andre Szmyt 4th Team All ACC (OT, LB and K)

Picked last in the very competitive and strong Atlantic.

He thinks we'll be favored in 4 of first 5 games. He thinks Louisville will be very improved so that is our likely loss. We are rated ahead of UVA and Purdue is slightly ahead of us. Gives us a decent shot at a bowl game. Unit strengths are RB, LB, STs and OL.

Unit Rankings in ACC
QB 10 (Tied with FSU)
RB 1 (Tied with Clemson)
REC 12 (Tied with GTech and VTech)
OL 3 (Tied with Clemson, Miami, NCSt and WF)
DL 13 ( Tied with GTech)
LB 3 (Tied with FSU)
DB 11
STs 3 (Tied with Clemson and Pitt)
Coaching 8 (Tied with GTech)

Sadly we are at the bottom in DL and WR.

My thoughts: if we gel at QB and WR and the DL can contain the run we should be very competitive and 7 or 8 wins is not out of the question. I see big STs improvements. That should help us win 1 or 2 close games.

Per Phil Steeles' site, only Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million are the only sellers of his magazine. But I went to B & N and was able to pre-order the '22 issue with free mailing since on B&N they say not available until 7/8 and with gas prices up, better instead of running to the other side of Syracuse (or wherever-) to get this years' issue. In the past, pre-Covid, was able to get it at either Target or Wegman's, now, neither carry it...On Steeles' site, it would cost $32, for s&h on 1 issue to US Mail it. Still like to browse a paper magazine...

Per Phil Steeles' site, only Barnes & Noble and Books-a-Million are the only sellers of his magazine. But I went to B & N and was able to pre-order the '22 issue with free mailing since on B&N they say not available until 7/8 and with gas prices up, better instead of running to the other side of Syracuse (or wherever-) to get this years' issue. In the past, pre-Covid, was able to get it at either Target or Wegman's, now, neither carry it...On Steeles' site, it would cost $32, for s&h on 1 issue to US Mail it. Still like to browse a paper magazine...
Thanks for the update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom