Pick your Impact Recruit of 2019 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pick your Impact Recruit of 2019

Take away all the recruiting drama and it's got to be Nunn. Can be a playmaker on D and special teams.

I'm going out on a limb and say no one makes a significant impact. This isn't a bad thing. Give these guys a year or two to develop and watch out.

I'm legit excited about every single one. This class goes a long way toward shoring up depth on the defensive side.

I think this class is going to have a number of high impact players. There is speed and athleticism galore. The linebacker haul is just ridiculous. Both lines add quality depth with tremendous upside.

The one I think no one sees coming who is going to blow the doors off is Benson.

Not really sure of immediate impact but I'm just really happy with the amount of kids that are early enrollees, love it.

Of those currently commited, who do you believe to be the crown jewel of this class?

This is very, very tough I think... but I’m going to say Kpogba.

All three linebackers impress me tremendously, as do Rondi, Jackson, Jordan, Williams and pretty much all the recruits.

I think Kpogba may have came out of the womb ready to knock the pigskin out of ACC rb’s hands though.

Kpogba and someone who hasn’t signed yet.

I've been all in on Jordan for well over a year. Not changing now. It's Jordan.

Past that, the LB's are legit.

We grabbed 4 o-linemen. I'm old school, so this is the most interesting play. Losing 2 starting tackles. JUCO and Canada kid will compete. Good thing. I think Servais grabs LT, and there will be a battle for RT. P.Davis the front runner. Recruits have good feet, but it's pretty hard to beat Alton... This is where the future earns their jobs. The biggest question for next year.

Heard Qadir needed run block work - moved inside. Froumy needed pass block work- moved to LT. Veterello fairly balanced, has lt2 but may be a guard candidate.

The older Canadian, and Juco are a good play by the staff. Need to jack up play in the tackle position. I think they've done that.

I'm legit excited about every single one. This class goes a long way toward shoring up depth on the defensive side.

I think this class is going to have a number of high impact players. There is speed and athleticism galore. The linebacker haul is just ridiculous. Both lines add quality depth with tremendous upside.

The one I think no one sees coming who is going to blow the doors off is Benson.
True dat. If I recall correctly, Benson is a sprinter on the track team.
Plus I think 8 or so enroll on Jan. Really helps w/familiarizing with the system and being ready for the fall campaign.

Short term one of the linebackers , Jones or Kpogba. Long term that oline guy Bergeron from Canada is going to make players cry when he pancakes them. Dude is already big and not in beer keg belly kind of way. Our S&C will make that dude scary...

I think that with the way Coach has his players doing their job you will see several of these guys making plays when they get the opportunity

Plus I think 8 or so enroll on Jan. Really helps w/familiarizing with the system and being ready for the fall campaign.

Yeah, that is tremendous to get practically half the class in here 8 months early. That's going to be a huge benefit to the post-Dungey transition.

Will be nice to have a team where it isn't necessary to play any of the freshman unless they absolutely knock our staff's socks off. Think Kpogba/Jones could see some ST time. We'll see...
I agree.

I have no clue which one of these young men are going to be the impact recruit but I do know that they will help fill the Dome from here on..... so they go from being recruited to recruiting fans. Very excited about this group.

I’ll go with one of the more popular choices.

Jones.

Offense: Jordan
Defense: Nunn
I really hope we don't have to lean on any Freshman next year, but if we do boy are they going to special

Read this closely:

signing day video commentary - per Coach Ward ..."Mikel Jones comes highly recommended by my good friend Kevin Wright at IMG Academy. He'll play either inside LB spot for us and what attracted me to him is his football intelligence, he has an incredibly high IQ, he's a leader, he encompasses all the qualities we're looking for in a LB in our system, we expect Mikel to have an impact early."

FWIW, Kevin Wright is the IMG Academy head coach. Nice friend for us to have. Juan Wallace, Andre Cisco and now Mikel Jones.

Last edited:
The great thing for me, with this class, is that I don't feel like we're displaying homerism when it comes to these guys. For a class ranked in the 50's, I look at the speed, athleticism, frame and offers of the guys who have committed, and I see guys who can truly excel in our system.

We're not a program, yet, where guys gets bumps for committing to us, but if we keep turning 3* guys into Andre Cisco's and Taj Harris types on the field, that should change down the road.

For me, I'd say Jawhar Jordan. This offense is missing the "take it to the house" back, and with Jordan and Adams, we now have that two-fold for next year.

You guys really think they're going to start a freshman linebacker? maybe one can crack the rotation but i dont think a freshman will get a ton of snaps.

You guys really think they're going to start a freshman linebacker? maybe one can crack the rotation but i dont think a freshman will get a ton of snaps.

Depends on how returning players improve during the off season imo

Being here for Spring Practice gives them a chance, but right now, Shy and Army are definitely the leaders in the clubhouse. Hope we generally stick with a 4-3 next year and not watch teams run the ball down our 4-2-5

No I don't, but Clifton Smith did it and then Andre Cisco became a 3rd team AA at safety ...

Jones gets the jump with spring ball. I don't think it's out of the question if we play a 4-3

Great thread, 25. I'm going to have some fun parsing "impact":

Early:
Offense: Jordan (slot)
Defense: Jones (will contribute at LB), Nunn and Canton (early PT)
ST: Kpogba (takes over for Shy/Richards as gunner/assassin)

Future:
Offense: Benson (TE in Ged's mold - faster than BC's Sweeney)
Defense: Rondi, Dawson

Possible February Impact Signees:
Offense: Burnett (WR)
Defense: Vilbert (DL), Rucker (S)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online