Pickup Game - Forth or Chukwu? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pickup Game - Forth or Chukwu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about y’all but I’m taking bjorn! He could take rec league honors every god damn week. He also defeated Brandon Reese 1 on 1 in a shutout 21-0.
Do you really think this is a challenge, bjorn could take both of them at the same damn time without an issue.

Craig was efficient shooting 3 of 4
His FT defense was outstanding.
But Kansas bigs crushed us in rebounds and scoring.

View attachment 149641

The point of my post was that he had his best overall game of the year, but certainly on the offensive end. Many of those Kansas rebounds came in the second half, when Melo’s back injury was slowing him (thanks foreign white dude from Oklahoma) and our outside shooting went into the tank. We scored on KU inside in the second half with Warrick, Pace, Melo, Edelin and Forth.

Forth earned a ring. PC doesn’t have one. And PC is playing on bum tires. I’ll take senior Forth over senior PC in the pick-up game.

A competition of a combined vertical of less than 1’. Would be awesome to see them try to out finesse each other on layups rather than dunking.

I don't know but it would be ugly. A one-on-one match doesn't play to either of their strengths and maximizes their weaknesses. I guess I'd go with Chukwu, who is a superior shot-blocker. But it isn't the best way to evaluate either player. I'd rather have Forth at center due to his superior understanding of the game, his physical strength and his communication with his teammates. he would talk constantly during games, barking out commands like Peyton Manning, (although i don't recall Craig saying "Omaha").

Man, in this offense we would kill for just an average screener. Forth screening in this offense would actually let our guys turn the corner consistently.

I think this offense would look significantly better with a 5 that can actually set a good screen consistently w/ size.

But, to the OP, Forth wins a pick-up game. He shot 1 three in his Cuse career, so he's comfortable launching from deep since neither one of them can dribble.

Honestly, I think all our ballhandlers are terrible at using screens. No sense of space or timing. So they'd probably just frustrate Forth and be as ineffective as they are now.

Honestly, I think all our ballhandlers are terrible at using screens. No sense of space or timing. So they'd probably just frustrate Forth and be as ineffective as they are now.
Way too much truth here.

It’s very funny to me that we have a poster who’s so willing to go to the mat for Paschal Chukwu.
It's not so much that he defends him and makes a case for him being an important contributor to the team (many of us have done that), but that he is now deifying the guy. But we have a set of posters who pretty much deify Dolezaj, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Centers don't get much love on this board.

The job is harder than it looks and the most critical position for a zone defense.

Sure, they look goofy when they can't finish a bunny.
Don't put up many points.
But we can't win without them.

For all the crap Craig and Pascal take here, they were/are good players who play a key role in team success.

That being said
Who would you take in a pickup game?

It is possible to win in spite of a player.

Neither one was/is a good player, especially Chukwu.

It's not so much that he defends him and makes a case for him being an important contributor to the team (many of us have done that), but that he is now deifying the guy. But we have a set of posters who pretty much deify Dolezaj, so I really shouldn't be surprised.

It’s a tradition as old as message boards; some players genarate factions that battle each other relentlessly. At least until said player graduates and hey #actually Player wasn’t that bad.

We don't without Jeremy McNeil, Forth was not that important to that teams success.
Point was simply a fantasy Forth vs PC discussion. Don't disagree about the importance of McNeil.

Point was simply a fantasy Forth vs PC discussion. Don't disagree about the importance of McNeil.

You brought the title discussion into the mix, I just disagree that Forth was a make or break player. Any replacement level player and we still win the title.

It's not so much that he defends him but that he is now deifying the guy.

I compared Pascal to Forth. Is Craig a deity?

I just assert that while imperfect, Pascal is not much worse than the rest of the team when considering their overall contributions. He deserves to play and will be needed. It rubs me the wrong way when people go overboard in disparaging him or any of our other players. I hope your employers are more generous on your job evaluations.

I just assert that while imperfect, Pascal is not much worse than the rest of the team when considering their overall contributions. He deserves to play and will be needed. It rubs me the wrong way when people go overboard in disparaging him or any of our other players. I hope your employers are more generous on your job evaluations.

I'm actually good at my job though.

neither forth nor chukwu is asked to score much in this system. they instead are surrounded by scorers . the question becomes what else do you bring to the table. shot blocking ? rebounding? setting a high pick is over rated IMO if you can't roll. if your sole job is to rebound and block shots then do it well. ft % bonus.

Sorry, I had you confused with another poster who claims the collective center play on this year's team is among the best in school history.

Many board members lately cry "We can't win big with PC."

My assertion is that PC is at least as effective as CF;
And if we can win an NC with CF, we can win with PC.

More accurately, PC won't be the reason we do not win a National Championship this year.
We have inconsistency issues up and down the roster but we are more forgiving of other team members.
Forth didn't get pushed around like PC does. I could knock him over with a fart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom