Pinstripe or Belk? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Pinstripe or Belk?

syracuse vs georgia tech/virginia tech hopefully as i feel fsu,clemson and miami will go to bcs/peach and russel athletic

If I had to guess we will be playing one of these teams in whatever bowl we end up in.

WVU
Va Tech
Ga Tech
Duke
NC State
Iowa State/Baylor (if they qualify)

I dont see any other possibilities

If I had to guess we will be playing one of these teams in whatever bowl we end up in.

WVU
Va Tech
Ga Tech
Duke
NC State
Iowa State/Baylor (if they qualify)

I dont see any other possibilities

So who does everyone want?
1. Va Tech (Belk)
2. Ga. Tech (Belk)
3. Duke (Belk)
4. WVU (Stripe)
5. NC State (Belk)-- unlikely

I think with the ACC connection, the Belk will choose us despite Cinci having the advantage record-wise (and head-to-head). Then they'll choose whoever is still available and travels the best (VTech, I guess?).

Is there a 2 win rule on bowl priority? Meaning if Cincy has 9 wins, we have 7, and the Belk picks before Pinstripe, is the Belk then forced to take Cincy?

If not, then I think the odds of us being available for the Pinstripe to pick would appear low.

If you are the Belk, in Charlotte, would you rather have a future ACC team, with a high powered offense, or a Cincy team, with an unsettled QB situation.

Of course, this also depends on us winning Friday. If we lose, hello Pinstripe.

So who does everyone want?
1. Va Tech (Belk)
2. Ga. Tech (Belk)
3. Duke (Belk)
4. WVU (Stripe)
5. NC State (Belk)-- unlikely

Where is Russell?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Where is Russell?

i think hes on some island in the south pacific but seriously i could see miami in russell if they accept bowl bid

Where is Russell?

You think they would take us over UofL? Presumably we'd both be tied for 2nd. I would live to play in Russell I just don't see it.

Is there a 2 win rule on bowl priority? Meaning if Cincy has 9 wins, we have 7, and the Belk picks before Pinstripe, is the Belk then forced to take Cincy?

If not, then I think the odds of us being available for the Pinstripe to pick would appear low.

If you are the Belk, in Charlotte, would you rather have a future ACC team, with a high powered offense, or a Cincy team, with an unsettled QB situation.

Of course, this also depends on us winning Friday. If we lose, hello Pinstripe.

After the 2001 team got royally screwed by the Gator selecting a VT team that SU beat and also was 2 games back of the Orange, the Big East made a "1 win" rule based on conference records. For example the Russell Bowl gets the first pick after the BCS. They could not select a team that was 4-3 over a team that was 6-1, but could take a 5-2 team over that 6-1 team. If SU beats Temple then the Orange finish 5-2 in conference. All other non BCS teams will be 6-1 at best, so all bowls are in play for the Cuse. Like you said if SU loses they drop to 4-3 which likely takes away the Russell/Champs sports/whatever they hell they call it nowadays bowl in Florida.

i dont care whats best for the players or what they want.

i dont care whats best for the school or what it wants.

whats best for your Kaiser is for him to get on the 4 train at 11am, get off in the Bronx at 161st and River 15 minutes later and head to the Dugout for $5 pints of PBR for 4 hours before heading into the Stadium to happily freeze his drunk arse off, while watching a Syracuse VICTORY.

i dont care whats best for the players or what they want.

i dont care whats best for the school or what it wants.

whats best for your Kaiser is for him to get on the 4 train at 11am, get off in the Bronx at 161st and River 15 minutes later and head to the Dugout for $5 pints of PBR for 4 hours before heading into the Stadium to happily freeze his drunk arse off, while watching a Syracuse VICTORY.

PBR runs through me terribly, think Harry Dunn (2nd time in 2 weeks he's referenced here).

If not for that, I would have clicked Like.

PBR runs through me terribly, think Harry Dunn (2nd time in 2 weeks he's referenced here).

If not for that, I would have clicked Like.
the reason why i said PBR's is because thats the special cheap beer at the Dugout.

on Opening Day this year they were charging $7.50 for a budlight and then it went up from there depending on your flavor, but $4 (yes i typed $5, but was wrong it was $4) for pints of PBR cans. i had a group of 4, so we'd just hand a $20 and tell them to keep it, felt like we were stealing. eventually it worked like a charm, they just started putting PBR's on the bar for us.

ice, ice, ice cold too.

the reason why i said PBR's is because thats the special cheap beer at the Dugout.

on Opening Day this year they were charging $7.50 for a budlight and then it went up from there depending on your flavor, but $4 (yes i typed $5, but was wrong it was $4) for pints of PBR cans. i had a group of 4, so we'd just hand a $20 and tell them to keep it, felt like we were stealing. eventually it worked like a charm, they just started putting PBR's on the bar for us.

ice, ice, ice cold too.

Did you get this added to Mark's tailgate guide?

I have to hand it to PBR, they made quite a comeback. Maybe they were never gone, but I remember it being huge when I was in HS and college, then disappearing for awhile (which made me happy, what with the changes of underwear). But now it's back in full force, everywhere I go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom