Pitino's Blog | Syracusefan.com

Pitino's Blog

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Couple of interesting comments about Syracuse leaving:

"I want to reiterate losing Syracuse is a major blow to the Big East. I had the privilege of working there for Jim Boeheim his first two years as head coach. Please don’t tell me they fit better with the research universities of the ACC. Syracuse is a charter member of the Big East plain and simple. I can’t wait for my next recruiting trip to New York to find out the Yankees are moving to Chapel Hill."

"Let’s get one thing clear: Syracuse and Pitt leaving the Big East is not about research or football. It is the ACC desire to return to the top conference in college basketball."

"The big question for those who concern themselves with the future: Who will play in more football BCS bowl games? UConn, TCU, USF, or Louisville compared to Big East defections BC, Virginia Tech, Miami, and now Pitt and Syracuse."

Blog

Couple of interesting comments about Syracuse leaving:

"The big question for those who concern themselves with the future: Who will play in more football BCS bowl games? UConn, TCU, USF, or Louisville compared to Big East defections BC, Virginia Tech, Miami, and now Pitt and Syracuse."

Blog

He obviously means now, before the Big East loses its BCS berth and he may be right over the short haul.

The bigger question: Whose athletic department makes more money ... an ACC team who doesn't go to a BCS game, or a BE team who does?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom