Pitt basketball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt basketball

Pitt should get a trophy just for going 0-19.
That takes a mix of talent and luck.
Just like when you play Powerball and get a few bucks for picking zero numbers correctly.

In seven years Pitt went from 15-3 Big East champs and number one seed in the NCAA tourney to 0-19 in the ACC.

Just think. It took an out of body experience for Sidibe for us to get by the mighty Pitt.
NC State should’ve lost at Pitt and they finished tied for 3rd in the ACC. I guess the lesson is that it’s really, really hard to go winless in your conference, but Pitt did it.

does this count as a win either way...at one point it was 3 point lead this late against 0-18 team.
No worries, according to Jay Williams "a good showing" will get them in the tourney. All hail the Almighty Colson.

Somewhere today Jamie Dixon is smiling.

makes my skin crawl...figured I would share.

I
ap_16328645278827-e1481096198774.jpg

In seven years Pitt went from 15-3 Big East champs and number one seed in the NCAA tourney to 0-19 in the ACC.

it is pretty shocking until you remember his name: Stallings. Kevin Stallings.

If you are going to use the injury factor it has to be by its nature very much the "eye test". You think the loss of a player is significant because of the "eye test".

So committee if you are going to use the eye test, did you watch this Pitt game? The Indian game? Did you watch the Dartmouth game? What about Ball St.

With Colson, they fail the metrics, and the EYE TEST.

If you are going to use the injury factor it has to be by its nature very much the "eye test". You think the loss of a player is significant because of the "eye test".

So committee if you are going to use the eye test, did you watch this Pitt game? The Indian game? Did you watch the Dartmouth game? What about Ball St.

With Colson, they fail the metrics, and the EYE TEST.
What Indian game?

i know he met with miss. st, but i think its a good bet that thad matta is the next pitt coach. pitt ad heather lyke was the assitant ad at osu for the bulk of matta's run there.

i know he met with miss. st, but i think its a good bet that thad matta is the next pitt coach. pitt ad heather lyke was the assitant ad at osu for the bulk of matta's run there.

Would be a great hire

rivalries only have meaning when the games are competitive.

i take no joy in the demise of the pitt program. if we want punching bags that do not punch back, we may as well play colgate 30 games and save on travel expense.

to me the real true pleasures of the pitt rivalry was when they thought they were really, really good and beating them head on when they were ranked #1 and then watching them do an annual march flop when we invariably went deeper into the tournament then they did, even when they were seeded one two or three.