Pitt basketball | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt basketball

live look at Kevin Stallings

6362341580007839851126400965_tumblr_m37v3gPp311qbbyyro2_1280.png
One of my favorite posts ever on this board. & his name is even Kevin. Bravo.

How was their game against Ball St... against Dartmouth.. against Indiana?

It's not all 1 game. Otherwise we would be in and adios Virginia Tech.

I never said it was one game, Im just tired hearing year after year how much better we are than crap teams and were really not much better or better at all against said crap teams.

Out don't stink attitude comes off extremely dumb especially since we've been a bubble team for 4 years and barely a 500 record in the ACC.

Not enough for my tastes.

them and their fans. Anyone who was at the Fitz for our 2013 first round game there can tell you how much they hate us.

That is very true, although you’re thinking of 2012. I was there and the crowd in Pittsburgh was VERY anti-orange.

Maybe it's just me -- but Pitt can't suck enough for me.

Really, truly loathe that program.

I'd rather we were just one point better than them in every game for the remainder of time. I don't like Pitt, but I also don't like having all of the northern ACC members be relative trash either.

Kevin Stalling it to Pitt Basketball like Greg Robinson is to SU Football.

That is very true, although you’re thinking of 2012. I was there and the crowd in Pittsburgh was VERY anti-orange.
Yup. I almost got into fisticuffs with some loser that wouldn't shut up about our program.

Kevin Stalling it to Pitt Basketball like Greg Robinson is to SU Football.
I know you are making a joke but I think Stallings is the worst coach in D-1 and GRob was worse. Pitt just needs to hire a young, aggresive motivator and get a couple studs and they can be competitive. Cuse football has only made 3 out of 13 bowl games since GRob first took over. If Pitt hires the right coach, the odds of them only making the dance 3 times in 13 years is pretty low,

Pitt should have never joined the conference. Just isn't a good fit.

It annoys the hell out of me when people post stuff like this. What, exactly, was Pitt’s other option? Pass on the ACC and end up in the American instead? So they take a step down in hoops and kill their football program. Plus they have substantially lower revenues and pretty much kill off their non-revenue sports as well. That’s the better option?

Or are they supposed to wish a fantasy into existence where somehow a football-relevant Big East still exists?

The ACC was their best option. We can argue if it was a good option, but the idea they shouldn’t have taken advantage of what was CLEARLY their best available option is just stupid.

Good. He's got a contract and Pitt is trying to cheap out. Just reaffirming they are, indeed, scum.

I don't know if they are trying to cheap out... they are probably saying he can sign elsewhere and make more money in the end. Except Stallings is smart enough to realize he may not make $1,900 more dollars from coaching after this much less $1,900.000

It annoys the hell out of me when people post stuff like this. What, exactly, was Pitt’s other option? Pass on the ACC and end up in the American instead? So they take a step down in hoops and kill their football program. Plus they have substantially lower revenues and pretty much kill off their non-revenue sports as well. That’s the better option?

Or are they supposed to wish a fantasy into existence where somehow a football-relevant Big East still exists?

The ACC was their best option. We can argue if it was a good option, but the idea they shouldn’t have taken advantage of what was CLEARLY their best available option is just stupid.
Trade Pitt to the B1G for Maryland

Seems like a real stretch to fire him for cause unless there's some major issue that's not out there. Can't get out of that buyout just because you made a terrible hire.

That’s 208 years of full cost of attendance at Pittsburgh. Anyone who thinks the players are getting their true value because they’re getting four years of scholarship should keep in mind that it is going to cost Pittsburgh 50 times that much just to get rid of a guy they never should have hired in the first place.

Honestly if Pitt is smart. NO amount of money is too much to get Stallings out of there. NO AMOUNT!

But as an SU fan, keep him until the end of time.