Pitt Expected to bolt the Big East if WVU goes | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Expected to bolt the Big East if WVU goes

Pull the trigger, TGD! Do it now. It's not too late.

If we don't leave, our schedule will be a freaking nightmare trying to find 3 replacement games (TCU, WVA and Pitt) on short notice. If Pitt goes, I don't think it leaves us any choice.

i bet the doc has already called nike to get some acc patch's

he wasnt asleep at the wheel when it came time to make the first move-i doubt he stumbles now

It's crunch time, I would say that somewhere towards the end of next week could be the drop dead date as bees alluded to yesterday

i bet the doc has already called nike to get some acc patch's

he wasnt asleep at the wheel when it came time to make the first move-i doubt he stumbles now

EXACTLY, shouldn't he be worrying about sending helmets to radio shows on TV though? so those that sit at home and watch can see these things

Let's get the hell out of dodge. I've been saying for a while now that we should be demanding compensation from the clowns in Providence for losing WVU and TCU off of the schedule next year.

This doesn't make sense. SU just signed up for a fourth OOC opponent. Why would they do that if they thought they were playing in the ACC next year?

This doesn't make sense. SU just signed up for a fourth OOC opponent. Why would they do that if they thought they were playing in the ACC next year?

I would say the situation was and could still be very fluid, you have to plan for both scenarios until 1 scenario closes and the decision will probably make itself depending on certain circumstances that Gross has been tracking, I am sure there are several scenarios where the University will either stay or leave.

So nice to have a future, the Northeast is ripe for the taking

Yeah...because we sure don't want to tick off Stonybrook.

EXACTLY, shouldn't he be worrying about sending helmets to radio shows on TV though? so those that sit at home and watch can see these things

No he needs to send some 44 Jersey's and maybe a Ernie mantle.

I would say the situation was and could still be very fluid, you have to plan for both scenarios until 1 scenario closes and the decision will probably make itself depending on certain circumstances that Gross has been tracking, I am sure there are several scenarios where the University will either stay or leave.

So nice to have a future, the Northeast is ripe for the taking

Exactly, the cost of not filling the spot is probably more than the cost of getting out of a contracted game.

Unless it is a 3 for 3 swap with new BE teams: I don't want any part of bolting early...too much bad karma there. I'm resigned with the fact we have another season in the BE.

Not an issue.
If Syracuse & Pitt make the jump next year then I'd expect to see an 8-game conference schedule.

All of the existing ACC programs are all scheduled for an 8 conference games. The change to 9 conference games would happen in 2013. It's really not an issue.

Not an issue.
If Syracuse & Pitt make the jump next year then I'd expect to see an 8-game conference schedule.

All of the existing ACC programs are all scheduled for an 8 conference games. The change to 9 conference games would happen in 2013. It's really not an issue.
And 1 of the 8 would be Pitt, who we are already scheduled to play.

Hoping for one more year in the Big East.

The reality of playing in the ACC, particularly in hoops, is really beginning to sink in, and it sucks.

Unless it is a 3 for 3 swap with new BE teams: I don't want any part of bolting early...too much bad karma there. I'm resigned with the fact we have another season in the BE.

Last I heard Marinatto wants to hold us in thrall for TWO more Big East seasons.

Hoping for one more year in the Big East.

The reality of playing in the ACC, particularly in hoops, is really beginning to sink in, and it sucks.

Gosh, I feel just the opposite.

I can't wait to face BC, MD, Clemson, FSU, Wake Forest and three Coastal Division teams - Miami, GA Tech, NC, Va Tech- in football.

Death Valley every two years? Forget about it! It will be great!

And, I really can't wait to see NC, Duke, MD, NC State, UVA and rest in the Dome.

When Duke comes to town, the Dome will be juiced!!!

Wow! Can't wait!

Gosh, I feel just the opposite.

I can't wait to face BC, MD, Clemson, FSU, Wake Forest and three Coastal Division teams - Miami, GA Tech, NC, Va Tech- in football.

Death Valley every two years? Forget about it! It will be great!

And, I really can't wait to see NC, Duke, MD, NC State, UVA and rest in the Dome.

When Duke comes to town, the Dome will be juiced!!!

Wow! Can't wait!

Come on, none of that compares to seeing us play Depaul, in a half-empty arena in Chicago. Or USF, in a half-empty arena in Tampa. Or Marquette, in Wisconsin. Or Louisville, in Kentucky. Or Cincinnati, in Ohio. We're leaving a northeastern league!

And I mean we're only going to still play Georgetown, and most likely St. John's. And maybe Nova too. And we get BC back on the schedule.

No the loss of those games with Providence and Rutgers are devastating.

:D

The one team I give two sh!ts about in the Big East is going to the ACC with Pitt. I hope it is next season.

Pass the hat, everyone chip in to pay the exit fee!

Question

I have seen people on the internet say the BE cannot operate as a 5 team FB conference and would need an NCAA waiver. Why? What say does the NCAA have for how big a conference is in FB? This isn't BBall where there is a minimum required in order to qualify for the NCAAT. So why would the NCAA have to approve it? If Pitt and SU were to leave couldn't the BE be at 5 teams for one year and easily fill their schedule by playing each other twice (8 conference games, 4 home and 4 away)?

As to the BCS, that is controlled by the BCS conferences NOT the NCAA. They set the rules as to who is eligible and who is not. The NCAA cannot dictate who gets in. And everything I have read, the standards in keeping one's auto bid has to do with evaluating over a period of years. I have not seen anything about minimum size of a conference. So wouldn't it be in the BE's interests to have a 5 team conference next year? Wouldn't it be better to split $20 million 5 ways vs 7 or 8? Wouldn't it be better to have one of the 5 left over schools going to the BCS and not have the chance that WV, Pitt, or SU show up?