Pitt Fan Here... | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Fan Here...

Pitt_Fan_ACC

Walk On
Just wanted to get your thoughts on the move to the ACC. I think it is nice that our programs now have stability but it has a bittersweet feel to it in my opinion. I am glad we will continue to play in basketball. I would love to see Uconn come with us as well.

What are your thoughts and who else would you like to see in the ACC?

Its bittersweet but after you hurl you will feel better. I dislike ND but it seems like it's ND & UConn makes the most sense from both a football & bball perspective. The girls are probably in if ND is out and to me that's the whole point of the ACC move in the first place. If proven to be true, incredibly strategic move by ACC.

Anyone but Rutgers.

Notre Dame makes a lot of sense, because when Super Conferences actually DO happen, they will have to see the writing on the wall and get into a conference in ALL sports. Since they are in the Big East in all other sports, and that conference is (sadly) dying, they most definitely have to go somewhere, and the ACC or Big 10 are the only two that make any bit of sense. Big 10 makes more sense geographically, but in terms of rivalries (particularly their rivalry with BC), I have to think the new ACC makes more sense. Maybe I'm wrong, but I really feel like the ACC makes just a tad more sense for them.

After that, I'd like to see either UConn (for basketball reasons) or Penn State (to screw the Big 10, which would get ND into the ACC, and because of their historic rivalries with SU and Pitt).

I am very pleased with the move to the ACC - have felt for a number of years that it made the most sense for Syracuse University.

I hate to say it or feel it but I have to admit that I have a "burn the bridge" feeling right now.

I would rather compete with UConn and Rutgers with both in the combined Big East and Big 12.

By the way, bees must be stoked, because the Maryland Mole turned out to be right!

...eight years later!

Penn St ain't going anywhere - too much money at stake for what old rivalries - why can't people see that?

I hate it, but it was necessary. Do you see all the leftover BE schools reaction? They're not even pretending to want to stay in the BE. That would have been us if we said no.

Just wanted to get your thoughts on the move to the ACC. I think it is nice that our programs now have stability but it has a bittersweet feel to it in my opinion. I am glad we will continue to play in basketball. I would love to see Uconn come with us as well.

Hey head over to state College and start selling the ACC your close

Also WVU and PSU would make a great North Division

WVU and anybody not named Rutgers.

See my avatar for how I feel about it. On the other hand, I guess it was necessary. The ideal next two are UConn and WVU. If the ACC snubs WVU, I suggest a pitch to PennState (geographically) or Kansas (for bball). I would love to see ND and Rutgers left out in the cold. If ND wants to join, including football, let them give up their tv contract. If no football, tell them to take a flying leap, like the BE should have done. Rutgers brings nothing to the table; let them join the Atlantic 10.

UConn is basically begging to get in at this point, like the kid no one likes trying to get into the party. So what do you do, you charge everyone $3 for beer, and charge that kid $20 (take it from me, I was that kid).

If it comes down to Plan C, or D, or Z, or whatever one has UConn and Rutgers getting in, tell them that rather than 1/16 equal share, they are getting 1/64 of the conference revenue and the 14 teams we want in this league get the rest. I know it goes against the equal revenue share principle that our league prides itself on, but I think we can make this exception.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom