Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel

Crap. Just what we don't need. Caples recruiting good players to Pitt.

What's with all the hand wringing about recruiting against Capels? Don't we have the HOF coach?

That dude can’t coach to save his life though
With some help from Blake G., he swept a pretty good Syracuse squad right out of the 2009 NCAA Tourney. Game was not close. Lost by 13, score was worse than that.

Crap. Just what we don't need. Caples recruiting good players to Pitt.

He can "recruit" good players (when the gym bags are being delivered on time), but he's never really been that great at coaching them.

Kinda like Sean Miller Lite.

Wasn't Caple the one coordinating money to the kids families from a few high net worth Duke boosters. If so this could work out great for us. Pitt is a dumpster fire and I don't think he can get them back to being good. If he does it will take multiple years. If it slows down the Duke recruiting train I'm all for it.

With some help from Blake G., he swept a pretty good Syracuse squad right out of the 2009 NCAA Tourney. Game was not close. Lost by 13, score was worse than that.

His record post Griffin is an abomination.

What are the odds he pulls in a Mickey D in his first true recruiting class (2019)?

That will be a good barometer on whether or not the $$$ train has pulled into Pittsburgh.

Chapel had some shady dealings at OU too I thought. First Sampson then Capel.

He had a guard who shot 32% from 3 hit 6 against us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom