Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel | Syracusefan.com

Pitt fires Kevin Stallings / hires Jeff Capel

Should merge this with the ACC regrets page. they have to be having some serious regrets with their recent decisions.

Last edited:
F4D7C2AD-7C3A-43F0-BF81-5A94B9E28D72.jpeg

I don't worry about the $$, as it's not my job but Pitt is a pretty desirable spot and if the AD is worth two cents they should be able to hire a pretty good HC to rebuild. Plenty of options out there. Thad Matta, Tom Crean, etc are all looking for jobs. Those two will at least make you respectable

I don't worry about the $$, as it's not my job but Pitt is a pretty desirable spot and if the AD is worth two cents they should be able to hire a pretty good HC to rebuild. Plenty of options out there. Thad Matta, Tom Crean, etc are all looking for jobs. Those two will at least make you respectable
Please let it be Crean, that will be 2 wins every year for us.

FWIW, the current belief on the Louavul board is that Padgett will not be hired as the permanent coach once the season ends. I would assume that would Pitt as the second-most desirable job, at best.

Really too bad. Stallings coaching Pitt brought me so much joy. All good things have to come to an end. I was secretly hoping Stallings would coach Pitt and Ollie would coach Yukon for the rest of my life. Probably not realistic due to the fact I'm only 39 years old but a guy can dream.

well they're in the ACC. that means high exposure. there is nowhere to go but up. so this could be an attractive situation for a prospective HC.

It's ok. UConn is still keeping Ollie.

UConn is ten minutes away from finishing their season with a blowout loss to SMU. Oh and theyre being investigated. Again.

I mean I know they have financial issues but if UConn is desperate enough they'll make it happen.

Bummer.

Was hoping we'd get another year or two of him burying Pitt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom