Pitt Game Thread ... | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game Thread ...

Does Cooney have even one game winning shot in his career? I dont remember any.

One thing, he has to know that he didn't take 6 seconds driving the ball up court. He had more time.

Did anyone not see that coming. I wouldn't believe it if this was a movie

I mean, the worst part is, I knew it would happen.

Knew it.

I knew he would find a way to take the last shot and miss. And he did.

The guy on the bench all half takes a three! How about you drive to the bucket?
Pitt played it perfectly. Get the ball in the hands of the worst clutch player on the floor.

could the shot clock not be fixed at halftime for such an important game?

yep, it's all cooney's fault. he cost us the game.
the game? no, of course not. There's many factors that go into a loss. But we had a chance to win at end, and that was a selfish play utterly lacking in game sense and court awareness. Cooney botched the last play and deserves criticism for it.

the game? no, of course not. There's many factors that go into a loss. But we had a chance to win at end, and that was a selfish play utterly lacking in game sense and court awareness. Cooney botched the last play and deserves criticism for it.
How about G working harder to get open and get the ball.

dasher said:

Yup.

Need to anticipate that and get him free.

We've always been lousy inbounding the ball.

I mean, the worst part is, I knew it would happen.

Knew it.

I knew he would find a way to take the last shot and miss. And he did.
Wow. are you Kreskin?

Honestly Cooney shouldnt have even been on the floor. And if G was denied, Malachi should have had the ball. That being said, Cooney has to know they are only down 1 so a 3 is not needed. Terrible last possession.

Cooney has played his ass off for us, but the book has been written on him long ago. He is just not very good.

JB had to anticipate they'd face guard and deny G the ball. He should've designed the play to be inbounded to someone else and then either hand it off or set a screen on G's man to get G the ball. 6.6 seconds is a pretty good amount of time, certainly enough for one pass or a hand off.

you think G wasn't trying to get the ball? How about Cooney looks to hit a streaking G while going up court. You know, instead of taking a whole SIX seconds to rush up court and take a hurried, off balance 3. Maybe, I don't know, being a 5th year senior guard and all, he'd know that 6 seconds is plenty of time to pass, make a move, hell - pump fake and try to get fouled. Basically anything but rush up the floor and take a three at the first opportunity.

JB had to anticipate they'd face guard and deny G the ball. He should've designed the play to be inbounded to someone else and then either hand it off or set a screen on G's man to get G the ball. 6.6 seconds is a pretty good amount of time, certainly enough for one pass or a hand off.
DING DING DING

Selfish? Watch the replay and tell us how and where you think TC was supposed to get he ball to G. Not having the shot clock in the usual position caused uncertainty and that, plus the situation made it a shot no one is supposed to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom