Pitt Game Thread... | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game Thread...

Right here.

Why didn't we kick that FG? So confused. Make them score a TD to win. I know if we get it then it's over, but damn. Their kicker can hit from deep. I just don't get that call at all. Some baffling coaching decisions, and mistakes with 12 men on the field. The refs were odd, but I'll refrain from that.

That said. Thank God we won! 3-3. 3 more wins coming up.
I would have 100% kicked the FG. I'd much rather be in a position where they have to TD to win than FG to tie.

But we won, which is what's important. It's water under the bridge.

3 illegal substitution calls and yet another illegal formation call. HCDB had better get this penalty fest fixed and fast. No excuses for this.
Breaking the huddle with 12 men coming out of a timeout is just inexcusable. & don't forget the TWO offsides on KOs...not sure I've ever seen a team get 2 in 1 game. Gotta clean this stuff up.

Kicking a TH pretty much meant we lose 31 to 30. Whole crowd was praying we wouldn't kick. We also called a perfect play which would have used the game. Kid dropped it. Pitt was not going 60 yards in 55 secs with backup qb in anyways. Smart move not to kick

They weren't going 60 yards in 55 seconds, but somehow could have went 75 in 55 seconds? Makes sense.

Did Chris Clark see the field today for Pitt? I don't think I heard his name.

Kicking the FG forces them to go for the win instead of settling for a tie. I'll take our offense gaining 1 yard and overtime over a defensive stop.

Kicking the FG forces them to go for the win instead of settling for a tie. I'll take our offense gaining 1 yard and overtime over a defensive stop.

Absolute guarantee that this board would be in full meltdown mode if Pitt kicked a FG to tie. Then won in OT. We would have 1,000 posts asking why we didn't kick the FG, trust our D, and make them score a TD.

Kind of like the LSU game. Hah.

People are fine when it works out, and don't think twice about what could have been.

Absolute guarantee that this board would be in full meltdown mode if Pitt kicked a FG to tie. Then won in OT. We would have 1,000 posts asking why we didn't kick the FG, trust our D, and make them score a TD.

Kind of like the LSU game. Hah.

People are fine when it works out, and don't think twice about what could have been.

Whether it worked out or not and how the board would react are irrelevant. It's well documented by statisticians that FGs to go up 6 late are generally useless if not harmful to your winning chances - others have touched on why. It's an even bigger no brainer on the opponent's 5 where 20 of the fewer yards they need to drive for the FG are offset by the worse field position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom