Pitt Game Thread... | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Game Thread...

I am more pessimistic after this win than I was after the last 2 losses.
Yeah it sucks to win...this has been our MO forever, play to the level of the opposing team

I didn't expect a packed Dome but man was that a poor showing

I didn't expect a packed Dome but man was that a poor showing
Probably the worst homecoming crowd ever in the Dome. The CUSE athletic department needs to do WHATEVER to get fannies in the seats. Winning is the first step though!

No change to the RS rule.

The kid just lost a year of eligibility for a nothing last second play.
If Browne is out next week (or longer - I assume Narduzzi knew his prognosis), Pickett becomes the back-up QB, and odds are he's going to be called on at some point. In this scenario it doesn't hurt to get him a few live snaps to get comfortable.

3 illegal substitution calls and yet another illegal formation call. HCDB had better get this penalty fest fixed and fast. No excuses for this.
Winning is a h*ll of an excuse.

Imagine having Cuse -3.5. Ouch.

Right here.

Why didn't we kick that FG? So confused. Make them score a TD to win. I know if we get it then it's over, but damn. Their kicker can hit from deep. I just don't get that call at all. Some baffling coaching decisions, and mistakes with 12 men on the field. The refs were odd, but I'll refrain from that.

That said. Thank God we won! 3-3. 3 more wins coming up.

Right here.

Why didn't we kick that FG? So confused. Make them score a TD to win. I know if we get it then it's over, but damn. Their kicker can hit from deep. I just don't get that call at all. Some baffling coaching decisions, and mistakes with 12 men on the field. The refs were odd, but I'll refrain from that.

You really trust Murphy to make it? I don't.

I could honestly have gone either way on the call (with a great kicker). I like the fact that Babers tried to slam the door shut though.

You really trust Murphy to make it? I don't.

I could honestly have gone either way on the call (with a great kicker). I like the fact that Babers tried to slam the door shut though.

Murphy looked like he was in the zone today. I really doubt he misses a 22 yard chip shot. He was booming the ball out of the end zone too on kickoffs, so I wouldn't have been worried about a return. He seemed like a new man today, and has only missed two. He's improved a lot.

Their kicker probably could have had a shot from 58, so I don't see why we didn't take the points. Just my opinion.

I'll take the win, and hope we can stop making the unnecessary mistakes. Missing a first down by half a yard because of a slightly inaccurate throw, along with not just running a yard more on the route. 12 men on the field, etc. The little things need to be cleaned up, but we will get there.

Right here.

Kicking a TH pretty much meant we lose 31 to 30. Whole crowd was praying we wouldn't kick. We also called a perfect play which would have used the game. Kid dropped it. Pitt was not going 60 yards in 55 secs with backup qb in anyways. Smart move not to kick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom