Pitt Gameday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
18D6DFF0-4C0E-416E-812A-44EAAE9868E9.jpeg

For what it’s worth..Garrett is listed as out today

All the buzz about Pitt's hotshot running back reminds me of 1997.
In our opening game against Wisconsin there was a steady drumbeat about the Badgers' Heisman candidate Ron Dayne. Leading up to the game it was the unstoppable Badger running game and Rayne, Ron Dayne, Ron Dayne.

In the actual game SU fed Wisconsin a steady diet of running backs Dee Brown and Rob Konrad.

Final score? SU 34. Badgers - a big fat goose egg.

Hope to see SU accomplish something similar today with Sean Tucker.

All the buzz about Pitt's hotshot running back reminds me of 1997.
In our opening game against Wisconsin there was a steady drumbeat about the Badgers' Heisman candidate Ron Dayne. Leading up to the game it was the unstoppable Badger running game and Rayne, Ron Dayne, Ron Dayne.

In the actual game SU fed Wisconsin a steady diet of running backs Dee Brown and Rob Konrad.

Final score? SU 34. Badgers - a big fat goose egg.

Hope to see SU accomplish something similar today with Sean Tucker.
If you have CDRW out there, feed Tucker as much as possible, let him be the primary threat for once this year

Today goes a long way to determine how this season can go. A win and momentum is right back with us at 7-2 with FSU coming to our house. Lose 3 straight with all the injuries we have, once again, and things could spiral.

If we’re going to win it’s going to be with our defense. We still have the heart of the defense out there with Mikel. He’s going to need a career game

I really hope CDRW is the man, but I have a feeling we are going to really really miss Shrader.
I agree, CDRW started to show some concerning tendencies, I mean on that pick he was throwing right into the line backer even if it hadn’t been tipped, completely misread the zone. I would need to see the all 22 but I think he was overlooking safe check-downs in favor of the home run ball, it made sense considering the game situation but you’d hate to have that be his tendency considering our WRs lack of ability to separate.

GS makes some major mistakes, but he has decent game sense

We missed a healthy Shrader last week. Cant play an injured kid
I realize that . I’m just not as confident as everybody else seems to be. If it were Lamson different story. Hope I’m wrong , just disappointed

Pitt will get their share of rushing yards. I am thinking we will be able to move the ball much better than we did vs CU and ND. We win by 10. S$&T on Pitt!!!

I agree, CDRW started to show some concerning tendencies, I mean on that pick he was throwing right into the line backer even if it hadn’t been tipped, completely misread the zone. I would need to see the all 22 but I think he was overlooking safe check-downs in favor of the home run ball, it made sense considering the game situation but you’d hate to have that be his tendency considering our WRs lack of ability to separate.

GS makes some major mistakes, but he has decent game sense
Not to mention he wasn’t game planned for. I would have him take 2 quick looks and then tuck it and go if someone isn’t wide open. Long term I question his accuracy. We need to win this game on the backs of our defense. Have to protect the ball on O

Not to mention he wasn’t game planned for. I would have him take 2 quick looks and then tuck it and go if someone isn’t wide open. Long term I question his accuracy. We need to win this game on the backs of our defense. Have to protect the ball on O
I still think lamson is the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors