Pitt Gameday... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Pitt Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, CDRW started to show some concerning tendencies, I mean on that pick he was throwing right into the line backer even if it hadn’t been tipped, completely misread the zone. I would need to see the all 22 but I think he was overlooking safe check-downs in favor of the home run ball, it made sense considering the game situation but you’d hate to have that be his tendency considering our WRs lack of ability to separate.

GS makes some major mistakes, but he has decent game sense
Eh, we were down, ND was stacking the box, and needed to throw the ball downfield.

Besides he was either completing those passes, just barely missing them, or they were dropped. What’s concerning about any of that?

I was just thinking about it and I realized I attended our last two wins at Pitt... 2001 at Heinz Field and 1999 at Pitt Stadium. Was anyone else here at either of those games?

Not to mention he wasn’t game planned for. I would have him take 2 quick looks and then tuck it and go if someone isn’t wide open. Long term I question his accuracy. We need to win this game on the backs of our defense. Have to protect the ball on O
His accuracy? Based on what? We’ll see though.

Thought he was throwing the most accurate downfield passes I’ve seen in forever here.

who steps up today. My pick is Hatcher
I agree. He has been getting more PT with every game. Pitt loves to play press coverage all game long. Umari is too fast for the physical Pitt CBs. I think they will throw long to him and he will get at least one long pass for a TD.

CDRW looked very good, a ton of dropped passes made his stats go from great to solid. He was way hyper when he was in there so will need to calm a bit, but I was impressed. That doesn’t mean we will see that today if he does start, however. Can’t give up 14 easy points like we did against ND and Tucker needs to be 2021 Tucker if he is healthy enough to do that. They will get their rushing yards but no reason we can’t stop their passing game, even without GW

Izzy might not be able to go for Pitt today per SU radio.

Stay tuned.

Not currently warming up.

I realize that . I’m just not as confident as everybody else seems to be. If it were Lamson different story. Hope I’m wrong , just disappointed
It would have been a very difficult game with everyone healthy.
Without Shrader, Tucker at 70% , Williams, and all the D guys out its going to be very hard.

I agree. He has been getting more PT with every game. Pitt loves to play press coverage all game long. Umari is too fast for the physical Pitt CBs. I think they will throw long to him and he will get at least one long pass for a TD.
If he finds his hands

Shredder is warming up. Won't know who's starting until 3:15.

Wearing an ankle brace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors