Pitt has basically a 2 game season at this point. | Syracusefan.com

Pitt has basically a 2 game season at this point.

I'm quite sure we will see a war at Pitt, but if SU can create an edge by midway in the second half, perhaps we'll see Pitt fold as they did against Duke.

I'm quite sure we will see a war at Pitt, but if SU can create an edge by midway in the second half, perhaps we'll see Pitt fold as they did against Duke.
And they really did fold last night, like a cheap suit. You could see it go out of their eyes, at which point they just started jacking up shots from wherever they were on the floor.

Dixon can not lose enough for me.

Last edited:
@ UNC and home against us. Without those two wins they are looking at a pretty weak seed.

We need to be ready for a war at Pitt.

The game vs Virginia this week is also very important.

It was a big week for pitt.

Virginia and Florida State at Pitt will be tough games, and @ Notre Dame will be tough for Pitt. Notre Dame plays Pitt like Pitt play Syracuse. Brey has won 5 of the last 6 versus Pitt and the game is in South Bend.

UNC this season is a good win only due to the UNC brand.

Maybe Pitt just really isn't that good. They always play us tough, and their system is perfect against the zone, so we overestimate them. But after playing an embarrassingly poor OOC schedule, they've really only played three tough games this season, and they've lost all three of them.

Maybe Pitt just really isn't that good. They always play us tough, and their system is perfect against the zone, so we overestimate them. But after playing an embarrassingly poor OOC schedule, they've really only played three tough games this season, and they've lost all three of them.

It's possible, but I still think they are a pretty solid; maybe top 15ish team?
Last night was bad, but they played us very close on the road, and basically played Cincy as a toss up at a neutral. If they lose at home to UVA this week I might change my tune.

Pitt is good. I think they're a 2nd weekend team this year, which for them is an accomplishment.

Pitt has 0 wins against the top 50 in the RPI. They are 0-3 in top 50 games they are closer to being an 8-9 seed based on their resume than a 4-5 seed. Pitt has some talent on this roster, but Jaime Dixon's scheduling really has them behind the 8-ball.

Pitt has 0 wins against the top 50 in the RPI. They are 0-3 in top 50 games they are closer to being an 8-9 seed based on their resume than a 4-5 seed. Pitt has some talent on this roster, but Jaime Dixon's scheduling really has them behind the 8-ball.

I posted that last night thinking they were around a 7/8 seed right now. Resume is very weak and they opertunities are getting less and less. I do want them to beat Virginia though because it helps us just like Duke winning last night was good.

I posted that last night thinking they were around a 7/8 seed right now. Resume is very weak and they opertunities are getting less and less. I do want them to beat Virginia though because it helps us just like Duke winning last night was good.
Go back and look at our 2006-2007 season. We got absolutely snubbed by the committee, but we didn't have many good non-conference wins we lost to Drexel, Wichita State, Oklahoma State and went 10-6 in the Big East and didn't make the Tournament.

Basically Pitt lost to Cincinnati instead of Oklahoma State at the Garden, but instead of playing good mid-majors at home like Drexel/Wichita State they scheduled crap and are ranked. Pitt shouldn't feel like a lock honestly as I don't know whom they have beat that is a sure fire Tournament team yet.

Go back and look at our 2006-2007 season. We got absolutely snubbed by the committee, but we didn't have many good non-conference wins we lost to Drexel, Wichita State, Oklahoma State and went 10-6 in the Big East and didn't make the Tournament.

Basically Pitt lost to Cincinnati instead of Oklahoma State at the Garden, but instead of playing good mid-majors at home like Drexel/Wichita State they scheduled crap and are ranked. Pitt shouldn't feel like a lock honestly as I don't know whom they have beat that is a sure fire Tournament team yet.

Agreed they may wind up with no wins vs the projected NCAAT field or only 1/2. Does the committee then prefere teams in the Big 10 & 12 with way more losses but also more wins vs the projected field? I'm not sure Pitt can fall out of the field without a complete face plant but and its a big but they had one game against Duke and lost. They only get FSU, and VA once and they have a replay with SU. If they lose those 4 games that puts them at 6 losses minimum and IMO they would need to beat one of the top 4 ACC schools in the ACCT maybe more than one. They really cannot afford even 1 What loss and the FSU, ND, UNC type games are huge for them.

Duke's 13-25 3 point shooting had more to do with Pitt losing than Pitt folding.

Did Drexel make the tournament that year? I can't remember, but they were a bubble team. Also Wichita State was ranked when we played them and everyone still went nuts about losing to a lower tier team.

Did Drexel make the tournament that year? I can't remember, but they were a bubble team. Also Wichita State was ranked when we played them and everyone still went nuts about losing to a lower tier team.
Drexel was snubbed on selection Sunday and was one of the reasons I thought SU could be in trouble and didn't make it.

If I recall, Wichita was considered to be pretty good at the time of the loss, and they ended up not being that good when all was said and done. (Maybe like Baylor this year)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom