pitt was clearly crazy to get rid of wannstedt | Syracusefan.com

pitt was clearly crazy to get rid of wannstedt

Millhouse

Living Legend
holding the patriots to only 580 yards really drives it home just what a mistake it is to ever let that guy go.

It simply amazes me on how many coaches made a living off those Miami Hurricane teams, Jimmy Johnson included.

holding the patriots to only 580 yards really drives it home just what a mistake it is to ever let that guy go.

9-4, 10-3 and 7-5 in his last three years at Pitt with bowl games each year.

Spiller single handedly gave that game away though fumble at the one really. The game become alot different up 21-7 or even 17-7 than 14-7 and them having momentum.

Eh, granted that was extreme, but the Pats have torched many a team (and many a DC) like that over the past 12 years.

Except for Coughlin.

Oh Lord

Wanny is pretty average.

9-4, 10-3 and 7-5 in his last three years at Pitt with bowl games each year.
you'll have to indulge me just this once after watching the patriots score 6 possessions in a row running the same play over a bunch of midgets. it was just terrible. it looked a little like pat white WVU in the dome with flaherty and those other linebackers looking hopeless.

he probably should be a college coach where you can be a dummy and do just fine if you can recruit

Eh, granted that was extreme, but the Pats have torched many a team (and many a DC) like that over the past 12 years.

Except for Coughlin.

Oh Lord

Wanny is pretty average.
what the bills just let them do yesterday is rare even for the patriots.

football coaches are all from lake wobegon. someone has to be worse than average

what the bills just let them do yesterday is rare even for the patriots.

football coaches are all from lake wobegon. someone has to be worse than average

images

Spiller single handedly gave that game away though fumble at the one really. The game become alot different up 21-7 or even 17-7 than 14-7 and them having momentum.
the patriots were down 21 to the bills the prior game in buffalo and then they go and score everytime they have the ball. spillers fumble felt big at the time but it doesn't know, they still would've gotten killed.

Fan bases demanding coaching changes is as predictable as the sun coming up in the East.

As satisfying as it is to fire the current coach, who has in their opinion "underachieved", the likely success of this are anything but clear.

It's a huge crapshoot.

Consider the case of Rich Rodriguez at Michigan. Who would have guessed the guy would be such a colossal failure? He had built WVU into a minor power with far less resources. How could he be less successful at Michigan.

I finally got to watch a Bills game. It's easy to blame something like that on the DC. But when your front 7 cannot get a fingertip on a no name RB over and over and over again (running juggernaut that the Pats have been in the Brady era notwithstanding, sigh..), I can't really blame Wanny. He had nothing to work with. Having a front 7 that doesn't get abused is supposed to be somewhat of a prerequisite for any NFL DC.

That one is on the players. They were abused. You can't just put an 8th guy in the box and assume that will work. Pats are a passing team.

Fan bases demanding coaching changes is as predictable as the sun coming up in the East.

As satisfying as it is to fire the current coach, who has in their opinion "underachieved", the likely success of this are anything but clear.

It's a huge crapshoot.

Consider the case of Rich Rodriguez at Michigan. Who would have guessed the guy would be such a colossal failure? He had built WVU into a minor power with far less resources. How could he be less successful at Michigan.
i agree that it's a huge crapshoot to fire a coach and that you can do a lot worse. a great example of it backfiring is when the bills fired george edwards and replaced him with wannstedt.

I finally got to watch a Bills game. It's easy to blame something like that on the DC. But when your front 7 cannot get a fingertip on a no name RB over and over and over again (running juggernaut that the Pats have been in the Brady era notwithstanding, sigh..), I can't really blame Wanny. He had nothing to work with. Having a front 7 that doesn't get abused is supposed to be somewhat of a prerequisite for any NFL DC.

That one is on the players. They were abused. You can't just put an 8th guy in the box and assume that will work. Pats are a passing team.
his front 7 was 4 lineman and 3 defensive backs.

you'll have to indulge me just this once after watching the patriots score 6 possessions in a row running the same play over a bunch of midgets. it was just terrible. it looked a little like pat white WVU in the dome with flaherty and those other linebackers looking hopeless.

he probably should be a college coach where you can be a dummy and do just fine if you can recruit

I tuned out while the Bills were up by 14.

Was surprised by what happened in the second half.

his front 7 was 4 lineman and 3 defensive backs.

Then the 4 linemen need to play better. It would be one thing if that was the area where the team saved all their $.

Speaking of morons, Carolina is 4th and a foot to win the game yesterday. First down and run the clock out. Cam Newton is 6-5 245.. qb sneak, get a foot win the game. Or punt the ball to Matt Ryan who has probably been the best qb in the league thus far this year and hope to stop. Dont care that they downed the ball on the 2... within one play Atlanta has the ball where Carolina punted from.. What.

Newton's fumble was a disaster as well.

Speaking of morons, Carolina is 4th and a foot to win the game yesterday. First down and run the clock out. Cam Newton is 6-5 245.. qb sneak, get a foot win the game. Or punt the ball to Matt Ryan who has probably been the best qb in the league thus far this year and hope to stop. Dont care that they downed the ball on the 2... within one play Atlanta has the ball where Carolina punted from.. What.

the bills punted at the NE 40 on their first possession after a good drive. a minute or so later they were down 7-0

Yeah, but when the Panthers punted they didn't lose at that moment! They extended the game, and that's what matters?!

:bang:

Dave Wannstadt has proven before with the Dolphins that he blows chunks as a coach...but the 'Stache could sure recruit...i dont think Pitt is better off without him right now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom