Platinum Conversation Over | Syracusefan.com

Platinum Conversation Over

Victory Lap

Scout Team
I could go back and quote the posters on this site that hate the new jerseys, but you know who you are. And guess what, you're fashion opinions (I'm guessing that most of the haters are 40 years old or older) don't matter.

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2012/02/theyre_for_the_kids_nikes_plat.html

“It was like, hold on, I need to stop and look at this for a second,” she said. “I think they’re cool.”
While gray might be the new neutral, the platinum uniform has been anything but gray in Syracuse. Critics have griped about a Georgetownish appearance. Of the nine schools wearing the jerseys, Syracuse fans have offered the loudest pushback.
Here’s a bit of news for the critics: The uniforms aren’t for you.
The uniforms are targeted for players and young fans, and — judging by their responses — they're fresh, cool.
Jamesville-DeWitt High School center Dajuan Coleman and DeMatha (Md.) Catholic forward Jerami Grant have both signed to play with Syracuse next season. They’ve seen images of the platinum uniforms via the internet and love them.
“The first time I saw them, I was like, ‘Wow, they’re nice,’” said Grant. “I’m hoping that we’ll be able to wear them next year.”
Coleman called the current Syracuse uniform “sweet,” but he thinks changing up the look is good.
“I like them a lot,” Coleman said of the platinum uniform. “I wish they’d bring them next year when I come there. I think the fans will definitely love them. It’s something cool to bring out this year, like a fire.”

The uniforms are awesome. The only thing I'd change is the color of the #'s and the name placement.

What does this mean exactly " It’s something cool to bring out this year, like a fire"

Man, they're totally fresh! Do people still say fresh, is it back in style and I missed it - if not, I like the author's attempt to bring it back.

Anyway, I went to the Duke board after their game and they hated that look way more than anything I've seen on this board and most (or at least a lot) here seem to hate it.

I do hope they look fresh tomorrow so we can impress those whippersnappers we're recruiting!

They are grey no matter what color they call them. Here's to hoping we never see them in action again after Wednesday. Did I mention they are grey?

Who cares. My only slight reservation is that the orange looks too much like Tennessee's in the pics.

Possibly the most idiotic opinion that gets (forcefully) brought up on this board is that anyone who hates new nontraditional uniforms is an old codger.

I'm 28. I think they're ugly. I'm no more wrong about that than Jerami Grant is wrong for expressing his opinion that they're terrific. (In fact, I might be more right, since I'm happy to articulate concrete elements of those uniforms that are aesthetically lacking.)

Change scares me, particularly if it's a silver dollar dropped from a great height.

And the uniforms are kind of growing on me. And I'm 31.

If we want alternate jerseys fine, bust out the blue ones or black jerseys. However, we SHOULD NOT WEAR GREY its ugly.
The black jersey fad was played out like 5 years ago, thank god.

The Rutgers football team didn't get that memo though.

I could go back and quote the posters on this site that hate the new jerseys, but you know who you are. And guess what, you're fashion opinions (I'm guessing that most of the haters are 40 years old or older) don't matter.

http://blog.syracuse.com/sports/2012/02/theyre_for_the_kids_nikes_plat.html

“It was like, hold on, I need to stop and look at this for a second,” she said. “I think they’re cool.”
While gray might be the new neutral, the platinum uniform has been anything but gray in Syracuse. Critics have griped about a Georgetownish appearance. Of the nine schools wearing the jerseys, Syracuse fans have offered the loudest pushback.
Here’s a bit of news for the critics: The uniforms aren’t for you.
The uniforms are targeted for players and young fans, and — judging by their responses — they're fresh, cool.
Jamesville-DeWitt High School center Dajuan Coleman and DeMatha (Md.) Catholic forward Jerami Grant have both signed to play with Syracuse next season. They’ve seen images of the platinum uniforms via the internet and love them.
“The first time I saw them, I was like, ‘Wow, they’re nice,’” said Grant. “I’m hoping that we’ll be able to wear them next year.”
Coleman called the current Syracuse uniform “sweet,” but he thinks changing up the look is good.
“I like them a lot,” Coleman said of the platinum uniform. “I wish they’d bring them next year when I come there. I think the fans will definitely love them. It’s something cool to bring out this year, like a fire.”
These uniforms are just another attempt by a multi national corporation to get more money out of sports crazed fans, so of whom are so into their program that they will blindly spend money on anything remotely related to it. And yes, I will say it: even if it is cheap looking, ugly and second rate.

Congratulations to Nike for selling some people with their crafty marketing. Heck, if people like these and end up buying them (I haven't seen anyone wearing one yet and I see people wearing all sorts of SU gear every day), more power to them.

Possibly the most idiotic opinion that gets (forcefully) brought up on this board is that anyone who hates new nontraditional uniforms is an old codger.

get-off-my-lawn.jpg

I asked the local jv/varsity boys and girls alike.. if they are SU fans they suck, if they dont follow SU they just look awful.. My age group friends all think they are terrible. my dads age group hates them and my just out of college daughter and her friends wants to know what those colors have to do with SU? Im sure there are a group of people that will like them for being different, not because they actually look good.

I don't care if they call them "platinum" they are still grey to me and awful. If they wanted to switch up the alt. uniform then they should of tried out the carbon style that oregon and stanford used in football atleast that was dark didn't really look grey and I liked that look

There was a time when people complained about the long shorts. Could you imagine SU running out on the floor with nut huggers on? There was a time when people hated black socks. There was a time when the "potty" shot was the only way to make a free throw. Time change.
I am not a huge fan (could take them or leave them) but if the kids in the class of 2014, 2015 etc think it's cool and they run out and buy a cuse hat or jersey then I'm all for it.
I'm a Cuse fan...no mater what they wear.

At least Nike didn't bring back the rose pink and pea green from the Cuse football season of 1872!

What does this mean exactly " It’s something cool to bring out this year, like a fire"

I have no idea what that means.. Is it a typo? I read it like 5 times and still have no clue... Does this make sense to anyone not named Beavis?

If they weren't $120 at Schine I would have bought one. They are awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom