Platinum Conversation Over | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Platinum Conversation Over

Kansas is an adidas school and it doesn't seem to be preventing them from getting recruits. Fark these uniforms. I hope there's a fire in the equipment room and they farking BURN.

Hmmm. Not sure where to start. I guess I'll start with the fact that you speak as though unis are the only factor in a recruit's decision. After all, you argue, Kansas still gets recruits with adidas unis, so the obvious implication is that unis must not have any influence on recruits. Well, you are wrong, for reasons previously discussed. Oregon is a national power in large part because of their uniforms. And our recruits love our platinum jerseys. But either way, uniforms are only one factor in any program's recruiting success. There are others. Perhaps Kansas gets recruits because it is arguably the most respected college basketball program in the country.

I'm concerned with using all tools at our disposal to attract players that will make this team elite. Why wouldn't you want all factors in play to entice recruits? Because you are far too concerned about fashion. Fashion. Really? If there is another reason, I'd like to hear it.

Hmmm. Not sure where to start. I guess I'll start with the fact that you speak as though unis are the only factor in a recruit's decision. After all, you argue, Kansas still gets recruits with adidas unis, so the obvious implication is that unis must not have any influence on recruits. Well, you are wrong, for reasons previously discussed. Oregon is a national power in large part because of their uniforms. And our recruits love our platinum jerseys. But either way, uniforms are only one factor in any program's recruiting success. There are others. Perhaps Kansas gets recruits because it is arguably the most respected college basketball program in the country.

I'm concerned with using all tools at our disposal to attract players that will make this team elite. Why wouldn't you want all factors in play to entice recruits? Because you are far too concerned about fashion. Fashion. Really? If there is another reason, I'd like to hear it.

Neither of those kids came here because of the uni's and none of our future recruits would come here because of the uni's. They will come here because of our success, the Dome crowds, JB, Hop, our brand, etc. I bet the uni's are waaaaay down the decision tree. It's fine that 2 recruits think they are cool. That's 2, that were already coming here. As far as any future use, it probably won't ever happen because the people that matter are benevolent to them. And Nike doesn't roll these things out in hopes of getting a couple of recruits to say they are cool. They roll them out to make $$$$. They make $$$$ by the public buying them. Since that isn't going to happen, they will go away.

I remember when we came out with the new duct tape jerseys and the other team was staring at them when Cuse warmed up. "Get in their mind" (slapshot)

Under 40 and don't care about the uni's. Just win. I leave discussions about clothes for the opposite sex.

"I've always said if Oregon would have offered me (a scholarship), it would have been a tough thing to turn them down just for the uniforms," ASU defensive back Omar Bolden says... He proves the point that while some find Oregon's style excessive and borderline hideous, the players love the duds."

So, you use a quote from one player who didn't even get a schollie offer from Oregon to prove that their uniforms led to the rise of Oregon's football program?
What about the ridiculous amount of money that Phil Knight has donated to the athletic program for facilities upgrades or that they have a very exciting style of play. The uniforms did not create the state of the program.

Rose Bowl champions?
They win games because of Chip Kelly's system not because they have 50 different unis.

I thought you said this discussion was over? But you haven't stopped discussing.

Neither of those kids came here because of the uni's and none of our future recruits would come here because of the uni's. They will come here because of our success, the Dome crowds, JB, Hop, our brand, etc. I bet the uni's are waaaaay down the decision tree. It's fine that 2 recruits think they are cool. That's 2, that were already coming here. As far as any future use, it probably won't ever happen because the people that matter are benevolent to them. And Nike doesn't roll these things out in hopes of getting a couple of recruits to say they are cool. They roll them out to make $$$$. They make $$$$ by the public buying them. Since that isn't going to happen, they will go away.
But... an 8th grader might see them tonight and put SU on his list. You never know.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Maryland is now destined for greatness due to their unis/Under Armour connection...they'll just be rolling in all these elite recruits... ;)

But... an 8th grader might see them tonight and put SU on his list. You never know.

Or the 8th grader could go to his parents (the consumer) and ask them to shell out $120 for one. That is what Nike wants.

Or the 8th grader could go to his parents (the consumer) and ask them to shell out $120 for one. That is what Nike wants.
I have a sixth grader who is begging for one. I told him when hell froze over get back to me. Either that or wait 2 months when you can get them at Hess Mart with any fill up.

Anyone who pays $140 for this jersey is completely retarted.

Maryland is now destined for greatness due to their unis/Under Armour connection...they'll just be rolling in all these elite recruits... ;)

No, no, no. You aren't paying attention. Recruits only like Nike. All non-Nike schools are doomed to failure.

Yep. But from the team perspective, he's a fan

make your own.duct tape is about 5$ a roll at the local home depot. and that's the good stuff. go cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom