Platinum Conversation Over | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Platinum Conversation Over

I would totally rock those shorts when I work out, but with that price tag and the fact I have a 10 month old who needs $30 formula, not a chance. I have a hard enough time justifying paying over $50 to basically play dress up.
Agreed, I would get the shorts but I can't justify paying that much for them. Maybe when they are on clearance (because all the people with money don't buy them) I'll pick up a pair.:)

I really don't give a about white, grey, platinum, or pink & green.

I'll judge this by whether we win tomorrow night or not. If this uni change messes up the mojo, I'm going to be really, really ticked.

Cheers,
Neil

"the nike's on the hand it fits
there's really nothing much to it
whistle thru your teeth and spit"

I see what you did there.

more full on grope than touch.
but the toddlers here will tell ya katy perry and the beebs are way cooler than the dead.

Possibly the most idiotic opinion that gets (forcefully) brought up on this board is that anyone who hates new nontraditional uniforms is an old codger.

I'm 28. I think they're ugly. I'm no more wrong about that than Jerami Grant is wrong for expressing his opinion that they're terrific. (In fact, I might be more right, since I'm happy to articulate concrete elements of those uniforms that are aesthetically lacking.)
My 9 year old hates them. And he's no codger.

There is more Orange on these than on our current home edition. And it's driving me nuts that people keep equating them with Gtown. Our current home unis are white as is one of our biggest rivals (and countless other schools). Nobody seems upset about that. Gray is a base color (the new white if you will). It has absolutely nothing to do with Gtown. I'm 32 and I think they are nice. The orange on these pop much better.

The platinum/gray/silver color looks like old white sheets hanging on a line in coal country.

Although I hated them at first, they are growing on me. I'll reserve judgement until i see them on TV. anyway, it's only one game.

All that aside, if the players like them, I'm fine with the unis

If we win, we can wear Otto costumes for all I care.

Just win baby and the garb will be secondary

Jekelish: Fortunately for you that you are not the target audience that Nike is going after. But I'm surprised that bnoro is passing on these. He is the guy that Nike is counting on.
Not quite sure that Nike is counting on my poor college student self as a target haha.

they suck as they are gtown gray (not platinum) and tenny orange. also, if they aren't for us why are they being sold? when nike makes nothing on them you'll see them off the shelves and never to be worn again. for the couple kids that said they were nice, some of our players were like...eh. fortunately su realizes they suck and have agreed to only wear them once.

they suck as they are gtown gray (not platinum) and tenny orange. also, if they aren't for us why are they being sold? when nike makes nothing on them you'll see them off the shelves and never to be worn again. for the couple kids that said they were nice, some of our players were like...eh. fortunately su realizes they suck and have agreed to only wear them once.

Somebody needs to make an appt with an eye doc. They couldn't be further from Gtown gray or Tennessee creamsicle Orange.

Not quite sure that Nike is counting on my poor college student self as a target haha.
C'mon. You're pretty resourceful. You can buy one of those of those nice jerseys for about 2400 empty beer bottles.

The uproar over this is insane. I actually don't care for them aesthetically and kind of wish Nike went all out (like Oregon football) with an almost neon orange focus versus a grey, but the amount of anger over a one-time only uniform is fascinating.

We have the most sensitive fans in the world. The color has nothing to do with Georgetown. It's become an alternate "home" color that white traditionally has been. Nothing more, nothing less.

Somebody needs to make an appt with an eye doc. They couldn't be further from Gtown gray or Tennessee creamsicle Orange.

The ones I saw were. We will have to see which ones they actually wear because there have been different shades floating around including in the stores. They are a gray. Platinum is kind of gray but with a bluish tint. And the orange is not anywhere close to SU orange and are very much creamsicle. Maybe they will not wear the ones being sold.

thumb.aspx
thumb.aspx

The ones I saw were. We will have to see which ones they actually wear because there have been different shades floating around including in the stores. They are a gray. Platinum is kind of gray but with a bluish tint. And the orange is not anywhere close to SU orange and are very much creamsicle. Maybe they will not wear the ones being sold.

thumb.aspx
thumb.aspx

Yea I saw the pics you have there (which if they looked like that i would hate) but then I saw them in real life and they are completely different. The orange is very bright

They are grey no matter what color they call them. Here's to hoping we never see them in action again after Wednesday. Did I mention they are grey?
Most won't even see them in action... after all of thsi push from Nike... and the game isn't even on ESPN or 2... it's on full court and sny... a much more limited viewing.

Yea I saw the pics you have there (which if they looked like that i would hate) but then I saw them in real life and they are completely different. The orange is very bright

Lets hope so. But the ones I saw in the store did look like that pic. Hopefully the ones the team wear are the ones that someone had a pic of that were brighter and the gray was really a lot darker and had a blue tint to them.

Lets hope so. But the ones I saw in the store did look like that pic. Hopefully the ones the team wear are the ones that someone had a pic of that were brighter and the gray was really a lot darker and had a blue tint to them.
The ones in the store are the same as what they will be wearing tomorrow. Not sure where that other image came from.

The ones in the store are the same as what they will be wearing tomorrow. Not sure where that other image came from.

the pic is from the su website.

Congratulations to Nike for creating uniforms that will attract recruits to our program.

Kansas is an adidas school and it doesn't seem to be preventing them from getting recruits. Fark these uniforms. I hope there's a fire in the equipment room and they farking BURN.

It also doesn't change the fact that top recruits disagree with you. I care more about them. No offense.

As if they are ever going to wear these (the recruits, that is). These unis are concept unis. Nike rolls these things out from time to time to gauge people's reactions. You will likely see certain aspects of these uniforms rolled out wholesale in the next couple of seasons, but it is highly unlikely that they will use the full design, especially given the mixed reactions they've received from the test subjects.

Will be interesting to see what gets more push back...our grey hoops jersey's or our one time football jersey's.

44cuse

I guarantee that IF we the bed tonight, some of our more unstable posters will blame the poor performance on them :crazy: and there will be a huge outcry against wearing them ever again (a la the blue unis).

I for one am not a big fan of the concept unis. The platinum (grey) does not make sense, but then again the duct tape numbers don't either. I just cant get past having the predominant color having no relationship to the school colors. I know that white has nothing to do with our colors, but it is the traditional color for home teams. I fall must fall into the "old fogey" traditionalist category. Something about getting old dogs to learn new tricks...:(

I guarantee that IF we the bed tonight, some of our more unstable posters will blame the poor performance on them :crazy: and there will be a huge outcry against wearing them ever again (a la the blue unis).

I for one am not a big fan of the concept unis. The platinum (grey) does not make sense, but then again the duct tape numbers don't either. I just cant get past having the predominant color having no relationship to the school colors. I know that white has nothing to do with our colors, but it is the traditional color for home teams. I fall must fall into the "old fogey" traditionalist category. Something about getting old dogs to learn new tricks...:(

Don't be so hard on yourself. There is something to be said for tradition. The instantly recognizable teams in sports are those whose uniforms have changed very little over time. Yankees, Dodgers, Celtics, Bama, PSU, Michigan, plenty of old NFL teams (Packers, Browns, Bears, Steelers), etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom