play cupcakes | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

play cupcakes

Those guys are anomalies to us since they know us so well. All 3 clearly have experienced success against SU. We are 3-7 against former Big East schools.

We have lost 13, 14 and 14 games the past three seasons. Everybody has experienced success against SU since we started 25-0 in 2014 except like Colgate.

We have lost 13, 14 and 14 games the past three seasons. Everybody has experienced success against SU since we started 25-0 in 2014 except like Colgate.

We are 3-7 against the old Big East ooc and 3-3 against Duke in conference. Don't see the need to start out tougher than we need to.

Did you guys forget we just beat UConn last year? In Atlantis? A&M?

Maybe if we played Kansas/Zona/and Baylor OOC instead of UConn/Georgetown/St. Johns we probably would be in the tournament even when we lost.

Did you guys forget we just beat UConn last year? In Atlantis? A&M?

Maybe if we played Kansas/Zona/and Baylor OOC instead of UConn/Georgetown/St. Johns we probably would be in the tournament even when we lost.

The good loss bad loss logic of the NCAA makes no sense to me

The good loss bad loss logic of the NCAA makes no sense to me

they want teams to challenge themselves out of conference, playing some away from home, that is what tourney games are, playing good teams from other conferences (other conferences until elite 8 at least) away from your home arena. As moronic and inconsistent as the committee can be, they are pretty consistent with that. If you play blah teams, you better at least beat them. We challenged ourselves twice playing South Carolina and Wisconsin, the latter being forced on us by playing in the ACC. SC was in NYC. lost them both and lost to all the former Big East chumps. That resume looks a lot worse than taking out the old Big East chumps and replacing them with top 25 teams. Even if you lose those too.

Play Cornell down in Ithaca every few years. Helps fill their gym, gives us an ooc road game. The team can stop in for purity ice cream. Everyone wins.

To me the argument is whether or not we should play cupcakes/mediocre OOC rivals. We can lose to a good team and it won't kill us, but losses to bad teams OOC matter and the committee isn't going to let us off the hook because they're old Big East rivals. I don't want to stop playing GTown and Connecticut, but seriously how many 'Cuse fans/players get jacked up to play St. Johns?

Ignoring the nostalgia and emotion, is it beneficial to our program to play GTown and Connecticut EVERY year? If it's not, we have to ask ourselves if we're putting our wants as fans/alums ahead of the programs future success - which we should all care about.

The Carolina 4 trick the RPI...they'll schedule teams like UNC-Greensboro in the No-Value Greensboro Arena. It becomes a defacto home game for them and helps their RPI.

Cuse needs to schedule every year a game in Albany, Rochester or Buffalo.

The Carolina 4 trick the RPI...they'll schedule teams like UNC-Greensboro in the No-Value Greensboro Arena. It becomes a defacto home game for them and helps their RPI.

Cuse needs to schedule every year a game in Albany, Rochester or Buffalo.
We played Canisius in Buffalo in 2006-07 for Johnny Flynn and Paul Harris.
We played Siena in 2004-2005 for Craig Forth.

The MSG and Barclays games this year were our UNC-Greensboro games but we chit the bed in them.

No need to play road games in CNY/Upstate.

I think we need to play UConn in MSG.

Play one of Buffalo, Canisius, Niagara, St. Bona, Siena, Albany in an Upstate Arena every season. I don't want to hear about losing revenue at the Dome...we are in the ACC and about 2-3 years away from getting $40+ large from TV

Why would we change our scheduling based on the tournament selections this year. By the time the schedule change was effective the criteria for getting in would change.

The one criteria that won't change and that will get us in every time is WIN THE DAMN GAMES YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO WIN. If you repeatedly sheet the bed and then lie in it for several weeks, you will stink and the NCAA isn't going to want you at their party.

Last edited:
Those cu

Those guys are anomalies to us since they know us so well. All 3 clearly have experienced success against SU. We are 3-7 against former Big East schools.

And we are 0-3 in the ACC Tournament. Should we stop playing it it too?

And for those folks suggesting that the Wisconsin game doesn't count as a tough road game because it was part of the ACC/B1g challenge; STOP Already. That is just stupid. Why does it matter why we played Wisconsin in Wisconsin; we play them. That was factored into the scheduling we knew we would have an ACC/B1G road game this year.

We aren't in the old Big East. At least there's an upside to competing in the ACC tourney

And for those folks suggesting that the Wisconsin game doesn't count as a tough road game because it was part of the ACC/B1g challenge; STOP Already. That is just stupid. Why does it matter why we played Wisconsin in Wisconsin; we play them. That was factored into the scheduling we knew we would have an ACC/B1G road game this year.

it definitely counts, I would like us to start scheduling good home and homes every year against a high quality OOC opponent. In the odd numbered years when we will have a home game in the Big 10/ACC challenge, play someone good at their place, and then in even years when we are the road team for Big 10/ACC we play the same good team at the Dome. Toss in a good holiday/pre-season tourney and we have ourselves some solid OOC games. nothing too crazy, but very solid. When I was a student and the Big East was just as brutal as the ACC is now (a lot fewer teams of course), I loved the home and homes we had with Michigan, Kentucky etc. Except for the blue uniforms against Kentucky.

I think we need to play UConn in MSG.

Play one of Buffalo, Canisius, Niagara, St. Bona, Siena, Albany in an Upstate Arena every season. I don't want to hear about losing revenue at the Dome...we are in the ACC and about 2-3 years away from getting $40+ large from TV
I would love to see this living in Rochester and having gone to the game in Buffalo. SU would then truly be New York State's team!

I would love to see this living in Rochester and having gone to the game in Buffalo. SU would then truly be New York State's team!
Several years ago we played the Bonnie's in Rochester for a neutral game at Blue cross arena. I went and met my cousin who drove in from Fredonia at the time. Good time.