Play devito the rest of the year. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Play devito the rest of the year.

So if Devito was our QB for the whole WMU game do we win? Do we beat Pitt today with Devito. I would argue we are 3-3 at best with DeVito as our QB. I’ll take the 4-2 team we have. Especially when we score 37 points. Defense lost that game not Dungey.

Honestly? If DeVito played the whole time? Yeah, I think we win both of those games.

If u switch the qb u do it during a bye week. Not sure it’s gonna change much. We have a hard time closing teams out with our d

Our lb group absolutely gets smothered by running games. This wasn’t even a good offense.

The team has such a mediocre group of teams left they can still win 9. Need to get back to basics

So if Devito was our QB for the whole WMU game do we win? Do we beat Pitt today with Devito. I would argue we are 3-3 at best with DeVito as our QB. I’ll take the 4-2 team we have. Especially when we score 37 points. Defense lost that game not Dungey.

I should note that I'm not trying to troll you. DeVito was put in a really bad situation against WMU when we were up by so much. The offensive line refused to block for him, Ravian Pierce fumbled . . . a lot of that wasn't his fault.

Today, Dungey threw the ball into the dirt several times and had no zip on the ball. He also didn't run very effectively, which I think signals that he didn't want to get hit on his throwing shoulders.

In sum, I love Dungey, I don't want to bench Dungey. However, if he's hurt, then he shouldn't play until he's well.

Honestly? If DeVito played the whole time? Yeah, I think we win both of those games.

Did you watch WMU. He was atrocious. I like the kid and look forward to watching him but this infatuation with the backup is crazy. If you think we beat WMU with Devito you didn’t watch the game.

I should note that I'm not trying to troll you. DeVito was put in a really bad situation against WMU when we were up by so much. The offensive line refused to block for him, Ravian Pierce fumbled . . . a lot of that wasn't his fault.

Today, Dungey threw the ball into the dirt several times and had no zip on the ball. He also didn't run very effectively, which I think signals that he didn't want to get hit on his throwing shoulders.

In sum, I love Dungey, I don't want to bench Dungey. However, if he's hurt, then he shouldn't play until he's

I agree with the situation Devito was put in WMU. It it’s no different than Custis dropping a number of sure touchdowns this year. Or Evan Adams being 5 yards down field on a key play last week. I just think that backups are usually backups for a reason.

I watched every play. The line was atrocious. Watch closer.

How did Dungey mitigate that? Are you saying the line gave up on Devito then played harder for Dungey. I think Dungey just reacted better to poor line play. That’s why I want him playing now and not Devito.

It was the first game of the season with limited reps I don't think so.our next game is end of October plenty of time to get ready.

Its Tommy Time. Let's see if he sparks em. At very least he develops. Either they dont trust Dungey to throw or he is not physically able. Either way, I believe that we should make the switch after the bye.

Here we go again... put in the backup QB because he will win it all. Take us to the promised land.
Don't y'all think that if the coaches thought/knew DeVito was better on the field then Dungey they would be starting him.

Why did we not let a senior QB throw the ball once in 3 plays deep in Pitt territory mid 4th?

Curious because a few folks seem to feel this way. But do you really not think 37 points in regulation should have been enough.
Not with our run defense no lead is safe apparently

Not with our run defense no lead is safe apparently
That’s the point though. The QB takes the heat. And I know he deserves some but we have a defense problem on our hands right now that outweighs our scoring problem. We just gave up 43 points to a Pitt team that ran up the middle all day long. A QB change doesn’t come close to fixing that.

Doesn't matter who QB1 is with these current receivers. Very disappointed with their play this season. Their inability to create separation at the line vs. press coverage is baffling.

Custis and Butler have been a big let down as the heir apparents. N. Johnson has probably played the best. Riley and Harris have shown flashes but been inconsistent. Harris ran the wrong route twice today (one almost caused another interception) and was pulled out for it.

The pre-season chatter about this being a plug and play offense was wrong. Phillips and Ishmael are greatly missed. You need talent at WR and I'm not sure we have it right now.

How did Dungey mitigate that? Are you saying the line gave up on Devito then played harder for Dungey. I think Dungey just reacted better to poor line play. That’s why I want him playing now and not Devito.

No, Dungey mitigated that because when he was put back in the game everyone woke back up. In fact, even the defense woke back up. Momentum is a real thing. We took our foot off the gas peddle against WMU and that's how we got hurt.

That’s the point though. The QB takes the heat. And I know he deserves some but we have a defense problem on our hands right now that outweighs our scoring problem. We just gave up 43 points to a Pitt team that ran up the middle all day long. A QB change doesn’t come close to fixing that.

Well, 3 and outs and interceptions don't really put the defense in a good position, now do they?

Elite QBs are given the chance to win against an inferior opponent, especially when your D is stopping NO ONE. That 3 runs and punt in the 4th means either he is hurt or there is a trust issue. That series was where I really began worrying. Something is up.

No, Dungey mitigated that because when he was put back in the game everyone woke back up. In fact, even the defense woke back up. Momentum is a real thing. We took our foot off the gas peddle against WMU and that's how we got hurt.

So perhaps Dungey is a more trusted leader? I’ll leave it alone now. I truly believe if Devito plays more snaps in WMU we lose. I think if Dungey plays all of FSU we still win. I think he outcomes of the other games are likely the same regardless of who starts.

So perhaps Dungey is a more trusted leader? I’ll leave it alone now. I truly believe if Devito plays more snaps in WMU we lose. I think if Dungey plays all of FSU we still win. I think he outcomes of the other games are likely the same regardless of who starts.

Dungey certainly is the more trusted leader. That's not a hot take. Dungey is not and has never been a great passer. I should also note that he's not a bad passer either. In fact, he's occasionally great. Regardless, most of the time he's pretty mediocre at it.

Hence, Dungey is great at so many things and is so inconsistent on the most important thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom