Play devito the rest of the year. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Play devito the rest of the year.

Just got around to watching the recording of the Pitt game earlier today. From what I've seen the last two games teams have been able to adjust to the offense/Dungey after the first two drives and he starts making bad decisions and very poor throws. Almost looks like a completely different quarterback. I do not know how much of the shoulder injury has to do with it, but his accuracy and ball placement has been pretty bad.

Just got around to watching the recording of the Pitt game earlier today. From what I've seen the last two games teams have been able to adjust to the offense/Dungey after the first two drives and he starts making bad decisions and very poor throws. Almost looks like a completely different quarterback. I do not know how much of the shoulder injury has to do with it, but his accuracy and ball placement has been pretty bad.

Yup, i think ED did alot of reading in the off-season. Reading about his fearless, physical play ready to take on the world. He added some wgt, wgt that isnt in the best spot for a qb. Add in the fact he knows our wrs arent gonna help him too much, nor is the running game and what we have is a me against the world mentality for ED and its not pretty.

I love this kid, man crush, but i am disappointed as he isn't making all the reads, is throwing more than ever off his back foot and just not allowing the offense to work im his favor.

A non-confirmed shoulder injury has become assumed to be real. I’ve never seen something completely unverified become such a consistent and long lasting talking point...

Hint - most low to medium grade shoulder separations would be healed by now. Fractured collarbones (non-separated) heal in 4-8.

Even IF he did get dinged vs WMU, odds are anything it would’ve been would be healed.

Time to put “the shoulder injury” to rest.

Not that I’m all in on Dungey having an injury but:

Awful hard to heal an AC injury of any grade if you’re throwing every Saturday

What exactly is a “medium grade” shoulder separation?
Grade 2 - I’ve suffered one... in theory, they don’t get worse with contact/regular motion... now this is almost 15 years ago, but I was told repeatedly that if I played through the pain I wouldn’t do worse damage. You’d have to have a similar hit to pop it.

Regardless, I’m not a Dr.

I just don’t buy into things that haven’t been verified anywhere throughout half a season.

If he did separate the ac joint, no way he plays the following week.

A non-confirmed shoulder injury has become assumed to be real. I’ve never seen something completely unverified become such a consistent and long lasting talking point...

Hint - most low to medium grade shoulder separations would be healed by now. Fractured collarbones (non-separated) heal in 4-8.

Even IF he did get dinged vs WMU, odds are anything it would’ve been would be healed.

I'll put it to rest when they stop handing the ball off 3 times in a row before a punt midway through the 4th qtr in a tie game. A veteran QB is trusted to throw there at least once unless something is up.

Amen, its approach, play calling, poor mechanics, bigger body type, and not trusting the system.

I'll put it to rest when they stop handing the ball off 3 times in a row before a punt midway through the 4th qtr in a tie game. A veteran QB is trusted to throw there at least once unless something is up.
You do you.

Grade 2 - I’ve suffered one... in theory, they don’t get worse with contact/regular motion... now this is almost 15 years ago, but I was told repeatedly that if I played through the pain I wouldn’t do worse damage. You’d have to have a similar hit to pop it.

Regardless, I’m not a Dr.

I just don’t buy into things that haven’t been verified anywhere throughout half a season.

If he did separate the ac joint, no way he plays the following week.

Why would anyone verify it if the conference doesn't require an injury report?

Good doctor, Your post assumes that the person healing is resting, which dungey is not.

Good doctor, Your post assumes that the person healing is resting, which dungey is not.
It assumes nothing, because I don't believe he's had an injury to that shoulder. It's healing times for injuries.

Apparently you need to be a Dr. to know how long the most common shoulder injuries take to heal for players. Glad I didn't need to pay for that degree.

Ironic - The real assumption is that there's an injury at all. For someone who sarcastically calls someone out for not being a Dr., you're apparently educated enough in the field to diagnose an injury yourself.

Last edited:
Why would anyone verify it if the conference doesn't require an injury report?
Because if the starting QB had any type of legitimate throwing shoulder injury throughout 7 weeks, he would've missed time by now. If he had missed time, there would be reasoning.

Why is everyone fighting for an assumption to be real?

Because if the starting QB had any type of legitimate throwing shoulder injury throughout 7 weeks, he would've missed time by now. If he had missed time, there would be reasoning.

Because many had him competing for the HT this year. Just trying to explain the inconsistency, I guess.
1539519424450.gif

Munchausen Syndrome. Our fanbase isn't happy unless it can invent imaginary injuries for everyone.

Because many had him competing for the HT this year. Just trying to explain the inconsistency, I guess. View attachment 141608
Just to give some perspective on this topic. If there was one tipped ball at Clemson on 4th down and the D had held for a FG at Pitt in OT and the Orange score a TD and win, they are 6-0. And ED would be in the top 2 pr 3 for the HT right now. I think the reason some of those out passes are going low is late in the game there is fatigue and in the back of his mind is sailing one or having a DB jump the route for a pick 6. When your looking across the field like that you cab't see what the defense is doing or where there at like you can when tour looking down field.

Im not imagine injuries. I'm trying to absolve the coaches. Because if there is not an injury he is dealing with, than the fact they had Eric handing off 3 times before punting in a tie game mid 4th quarter reeks of abject stupidity

Im not imagine injuries. I'm trying to absolve the coaches. Because if there is not an injury he is dealing with, than the fact they had Eric handing off 3 times before punting in a tie game mid 4th quarter reeks of abject stupidity
So when did this imaginary series happen in your mind.

So when did this imaginary series happen in your mind.

Huh? Note...even better we were down 3 smh
  • 1st & 10 at SYR 6
    (6:42 - 3rd) Howard, J. rush for 4 yards to the SU10 (Hamlin, D.), PENALTY UP offside defense (Hendrix, D.) 5 yards to the SU11, NO PLAY
  • 1st & 5 at SYR 11
    (6:42 - 3rd) Jarveon Howard run for 2 yds to the Syrac 13
  • 2nd & 3 at SYR 13
    (6:42 - 3rd) Eric Dungey run for no gain to the Syrac 13
  • 3rd & 3 at SYR 13
    (6:42 - 3rd) Jarveon Howard run for 2 yds to the Syrac 15
  • 4th & 1 at SYR 15
    (6:42 - 3rd) Sterling Hofrichter punt for 45 yds, fair catch by Rafael Araujo-Lopes at the Pitt 40

Huh? Note...even better we were down 3 smh
  • 1st & 10 at SYR 6
    (6:42 - 3rd) Howard, J. rush for 4 yards to the SU10 (Hamlin, D.), PENALTY UP offside defense (Hendrix, D.) 5 yards to the SU11, NO PLAY
  • 1st & 5 at SYR 11
    (6:42 - 3rd) Jarveon Howard run for 2 yds to the Syrac 13
  • 2nd & 3 at SYR 13
    (6:42 - 3rd) Eric Dungey run for no gain to the Syrac 13
  • 3rd & 3 at SYR 13
    (6:42 - 3rd) Jarveon Howard run for 2 yds to the Syrac 15
  • 4th & 1 at SYR 15
    (6:42 - 3rd) Sterling Hofrichter punt for 45 yds, fair catch by Rafael Araujo-Lopes at the Pitt 40
you said tied in the middle of 4th. That’s the 3rd pinned back at the 6 yard line. Big difference

I can’t decide if this is better or worse than the 400 “Dungey has all the concussions” threads of yesteryear

Munchausen Syndrome. Our fanbase isn't happy unless it can invent imaginary injuries for everyone.

Well, its also nicer than just simply saying that he throws like a girl.

you said tied in the middle of 4th. That’s the 3rd pinned back at the 6 yard line. Big difference
Yeah it actually makes my argument better. Your Heisman caliber QB isnt allowed to throw once? or is he not capable of it? Either way, knowing Pitt (who we could not stop) would get the ball at midfield already leading, is absolutely insane.

I can’t decide if this is better or worse than the 400 “Dungey has all the concussions” threads of yesteryear
Ive actually already conceded that Dungey should keep starting at this point. But the fact that people cant get why the run run run punt drive down 3 halfway through the 4th at least raises questions blows my mind

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom