Play of the game | Syracusefan.com

Play of the game

Eric15

Living Legend
IMO Garrett Williams‘ insanely athletic Ed Reedish INT. When that ball went up I had this sinking feeling of oh crap it’s going to be 17-14 now and we are in trouble. But Louisville simply never recovered after that.

IMO Garrett Williams‘ insanely athletic Ed Reedish INT. When that ball went up I had this sinking feeling of oh crap it’s going to be 17-14 now and we are in trouble. But Louisville simply never recovered after that.
Yep. The way he recognized the WR from the other side of the field and booked it to the spot for the INT was special

As much as it was an outstanding play by Garrett, that guy was literally running free with no one trailing. somebody really messed that up, and Garrett just shows up out of no where to save the day.

absolutely outstanding and completely game changing play.

We have an extremely strong secondary. Totally shut down Malik.

4th quarter, announcers state (I paraphrase) "and we haven't called Duce Chestnut much tonight because they aren't throwing his way. He's a lockdown corner."

As much as I was impressed with the defensive line most of the game, their success was directly related to Malik not finding anyone to throw it to. Our corners are just some of the best in the country, hands down.

When they were lining up for that play I actually said to my wife, “We need an interception here.” You’re welcome! Lol.

I seriously couldn’t believe my eyes when he came down with the ball. Fantastic play by Garrett!

That was THE play tonight.

But…. Where was the safety?

It was a great play. GW needs to be more consistent if he wants to be considered great.

How about a shout out to the sharp shooter here. Nice job Garrett and Dennis! What a brilliant picture.

One man gathers what another man spills:

H4HUPDWGSRG5HL4OOTM2Q74V2E.jpg

Really an NFL caliber read and play.
A lot of athleticism. But did anyone else feel Cunningham blew the play as in that he had the guy wide open and waited a split second too long to throw it. But even so it took a beast move to INT. As the play developed, I was hoping for a deflection. Never in a million plays, would I have thought he could have gotten there to intercept the ball.

Also right there is the scramble Shrader had where he zig zagged backwards a couple times, looking like he was going to lose a mile's worth of yardage only to get downfield and eiher pick up a first or get close to one (I can't remember which). Louisville wasn't out of it yet and a big sack for them there may shift some momentum.