Play of the game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Play of the game

Also right there is the scramble Shrader had where he zig zagged backwards a couple times, looking like he was going to lose a mile's worth of yardage only to get downfield and eiher pick up a first or get close to one (I can't remember which). Louisville wasn't out of it yet and a big sack for them there may shift some momentum.

Yeah, that was a no-No-NO-YES!!!! play on his part.

It didn’t seem like there was any way to turn that into a positive play, and I was just praying he’d get rid of the ball before the (seemingly inevitable) sack came.

GS is a BALLER.

Also right there is the scramble Shrader had where he zig zagged backwards a couple times, looking like he was going to lose a mile's worth of yardage only to get downfield and eiher pick up a first or get close to one (I can't remember which). Louisville wasn't out of it yet and a big sack for them there may shift some momentum.
My son and I were like, “What is Shrader doing?” We were both in awe as he turned up the left side of the sideline. That was also amazing.

Last edited:
My son and I were like, “What is Shrader doing?” We were both in awe as he turned up the left side of the sideline. That also was amazing.
That whole time I didn’t even get excited because the way the night was going I was sure the refs were going to throw a flag - I couldn’t believe that not only did he pull it off, but the refs actually let it happen!

They will be showing that highlight when Williams gets drafted.
lol that one and the one he had at Louisville 2 years ago. The clemson pick 6 is one of my favorites too

Other game changing plays:

1. 12 min left in 2nd quarter, down 10-7. 3rd and 13. Garrett makes an incredible run to get the first down.

2. 5 min left in 2nd quarter, we stuff Louisville on 4th and goal. They ran that beautiful WR pass play and got zero points out of that drive.

3. Our interception late third quarter and long run back that totally took the wind out of Louisville's sails.

How about a shout out to the sharp shooter here. Nice job Garrett and Dennis! What a brilliant picture.

One man gathers what another man spills:

H4HUPDWGSRG5HL4OOTM2Q74V2E.jpg

I want to know why there was no penalty called for the exposed knees on this receiver. Where are the refs from that Tennessee game ??? I said this live during the game. Throw the flag, ref!

Other game changing plays:

1. 12 min left in 2nd quarter, down 10-7. 3rd and 13. Garrett makes an incredible run to get the first down.

2. 5 min left in 2nd quarter, we stuff Louisville on 4th and goal. That ran that beautiful WR pass play and got zero points out of that drive.

3. Our interception late third quarter and long run back that totally took the wind out of Louisville's sails.
Not a game changer, but Gadsden had a sliding catch that was really impressive. Might have been Shrader's worst ball of the day but he made it work.

A lot of athleticism. But did anyone else feel Cunningham blew the play as in that he had the guy wide open and waited a split second too long to throw it. But even so it took a beast move to INT. As the play developed, I was hoping for a deflection. Never in a million plays, would I have thought he could have gotten there to intercept the ball.

Yeah, I was scared to death on that play, because the WR was running free about 10 yards behind his original defender. Garrett flew in there like Batman to make the play. Holy cow!

One other play...first Louisville drive 2nd down I believe. Cunningham took the shotgun snap and faked handoff and looked like he wanted to bootleg right and our DE stayed put and stopped him dead from getting outside and forced Cunningham into the line of scrimmage. There was NO ONE beyond that DE as the defense had flowed left on the fake. Huge contain play.

I want to know why there was no penalty called for the exposed knees on this receiver. Where are the refs from that Tennessee game ??? I said this live during the game. Throw the flag, ref!
If I was emperor of football, I would ban gloves.

I think his interception was the play of the game; but when I coached, his hustle play to catch their wide receiver on gadget play was awesome. What a teaching moment. That hustle play and goal line stand, gave up 0 points.

One minor quibble I had with yesterday that I don’t think will ever get fixed under Dino, but punting before that drive drove me nuts. He’s still chicken and it’s going to cost us eventually. Louisville got the ball in the exact same spot in one play. Same story as ever.

One minor quibble I had with yesterday that I don’t think will ever get fixed under Dino, but punting before that drive drove me nuts. He’s still chicken and it’s going to cost us eventually. Louisville got the ball in the exact same spot in one play. Same story as ever.
punting was the right play in that moment 99% all college coaches would make the same call when your up 2 scores especially