Play of the game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Play of the game

punting was the right play in that moment 99% all college coaches would make the same call when your up 2 scores especially
It’s going to cost us if that’s what he does going forward. We have one of the best backs and best running qb’s in the country. Playing like pansies are a big reason we have lost close games in recent years.

It’s going to cost us if that’s what he does going forward. We have one of the best backs and best running qb’s in the country. Playing like pansies are a big reason we have lost close games in recent years.
Agreed but this wasn't the situation.

I think his interception was the play of the game; but when I coached, his hustle play to catch their wide receiver on gadget play was awesome. What a teaching moment. That hustle play and goal line stand, gave up 0 points.
I agree. This was the biggest play. That hustle saved a touchdown and the goal line stop energized the entire stadium.

I think his interception was the play of the game; but when I coached, his hustle play to catch their wide receiver on gadget play was awesome. What a teaching moment. That hustle play and goal line stand, gave up 0 points.
The little things add up.

One minor quibble I had with yesterday that I don’t think will ever get fixed under Dino, but punting before that drive drove me nuts. He’s still chicken and it’s going to cost us eventually. Louisville got the ball in the exact same spot in one play. Same story as ever.

We were ahead of them by 10 points, and the ball was at our 40. They mostly held Tucker in check to that point. If you don't get it, Louisville has a short field to tie the game. As it turn out, we pinned them back on about their own 15, and we got the ball back when we stopped their drive.

I said to my friend at the game that if I was Satterfield, I would have kicked the field goal to bring them within a touchdown at 17-10 instead of going for it on 4th down. There was still a ton of time left in the game at that point, and that would have made it only one score separating us.

Play of the game for me was the 3rd and 14 scramble by Shrader early 2nd Q. This was right after the broken play where Pena fought hard to get back to the LOS.

It was 7-10 at that point. They don't convert there, Louisville had the WR pass play all draw up for the next series. Instead of Tucker scoring that TD making 17-7, Louisville maybe elects to go FG and we could be talking 10-10 game. or worse 14-10 ville.

The end of the 1st half could have been scary with Tucker out and those array of false starts.

(This defense is scary good by the way...that may be Louisville's lowest total all year)

We were ahead of them by 10 points, and the ball was at our 40. They mostly held Tucker in check to that point. If you don't get it, Louisville has a short field to tie the game. As it turn out, we pinned them back on about their own 15, and we got the ball back when we stopped their drive.

I said to my friend at the game that if I was Satterfield, I would have kicked the field goal to bring them within a touchdown at 17-10 instead of going for it on 4th down. There was still a ton of time left in the game at that point, and that would have made it only one score separating us.
Pretty sure Tucker had about 9 carries for 50 plus at that point.

They got to our 40 in one play and threw the pick. I'd rather be aggressive. I get its hard to change the old thought of punting here, but going for it was the right play.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Tucker had about 9 carries for 50 plus at that point.

They got to our 40 in one play and threw the pick. I'd rather be aggressive there. I get its hard to change the old thought of punting here, but going for it was the right play.

OK, I see your point. But I was fine with his call there. I think it worked out for us. They didn't score after the first quarter.

To see one player save 14 points in one game is remarkable