Playa Del Carmen | Syracusefan.com

Playa Del Carmen

OrangeTown

Starter
On the flight back from spending just over a week there and thought I would share my experience.

Stayed at the relatively new all-inclusive Xcaret Arte. It’s adults only but has a connecting property that is very similar and family friendly called Xcaret Mexico.

There are about 6 parks owned by the company that you can get bussed to on any given day, many of which are included in your package. Zip lining, river/water parks, and others. I was content staying in the resort in one of the many infinity pools or pool bars, but there is plenty other stuff to do if you desire.

The restaurants, in my opinion, are far and above anything I have ever had or heard of anyone having at an all-inclusive.

The place was an absolute joy to stay at. The staffing was as accommodating as you could ask for and most of the bartenders knew what I was ordering before I even got to them by the second day or so.

One gripe I had was with regard to the stocked refrigerator in the room. 2 Coronas, 2 Corona Lights, and a bunch of soda and water. In general the resort gets quiet quickly around 9:00 so if I wanted to enjoy anything other than that on my balcony hammock, I was SOL. Also the hotel doors seemed like they were made of paper so late night partiers walking by seemed like they were hopping in bed with you.

Anyway, can’t recommend the place enough. Happy to divulge more info here or in a DM if anyone has questions or is interested.

Fair warning - if you go to their website, it is nearly impossible to know What you’re doing.

On the flight back from spending just over a week there and thought I would share my experience.

Stayed at the relatively new all-inclusive Xcaret Arte. It’s adults only but has a connecting property that is very similar and family friendly called Xcaret Mexico.

There are about 6 parks owned by the company that you can get bussed to on any given day, many of which are included in your package. Zip lining, river/water parks, and others. I was content staying in the resort in one of the many infinity pools or pool bars, but there is plenty other stuff to do if you desire.

The restaurants, in my opinion, are far and above anything I have ever had or heard of anyone having at an all-inclusive.

The place was an absolute joy to stay at. The staffing was as accommodating as you could ask for and most of the bartenders knew what I was ordering before I even got to them by the second day or so.

One gripe I had was with regard to the stocked refrigerator in the room. 2 Coronas, 2 Corona Lights, and a bunch of soda and water. In general the resort gets quiet quickly around 9:00 so if I wanted to enjoy anything other than that on my balcony hammock, I was SOL. Also the hotel doors seemed like they were made of paper so late night partiers walking by seemed like they were hopping in bed with you.

Anyway, can’t recommend the place enough. Happy to divulge more info here or in a DM if anyone has questions or is interested.

Fair warning - if you go to their website, it is nearly impossible to know What you’re doing.
Sounds nice. Went to PDC about 15 years ago for a week. Just a totally different vibe than Cancun. Then about five or so years ago we went to Cozumel. That was even more different vibe than either of the others.

We are not big all-inclusive type people, but we have been to some adult only ones and it's quite nice. I'll have to check it out.

I've been to PDC a handful of times as well. Really love just getting an Airbnb in the downtown area for a few nights and just goin around on foot. There is essentially an unlimited amount of great food and bars packed into that little area. Can usually find an airbnb in a nice condo building with a rooftop pool for around $100/night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom