Played bad, we beat them next time | Syracusefan.com

Played bad, we beat them next time

jgeorge322

Living Legend
Hopefully in acct. unforced errors. Shot below average.

Oh well, we get them next time

Only other comment is elijah tripping over his own feet kind of sent the game in a downward spiral for us.

And frank needs to play more confidently. Senior is better than that.

It should be no secret at this point that when threes don't fall for us and we get sloppy with ballhandling/passing (18 turnovers tonight) that we lose, especially to ranked teams. I do agree that if we played them again we can win

Only other comment is elijah tripping over his own feet kind of sent the game in a downward spiral for us.

That really did

It should be no secret at this point that when threes don't fall for us and we get sloppy with ballhandling/passing (18 turnovers tonight) that we lose, especially to ranked teams. I do agree that if we played them again we can win

It should be of no secret that teams that play good defense make us shoot poorly and handle the ball poorly.

This. And the team loses focus so easily. At Duke they stayed locked in the whole game. As you say, next up!

We play them ten times, we may beat them once or twice if we get lucky.

Think about the huge runs fsu had tonite, in a short amount of time, in both halves. That’s not a fluke, that’s not “it just wasn’t our nite”. That’s them being much better than us.

I didnt come away thinking fsu was very good. We got down 22 after playing terrible and came back to within 1 point. Their runs were fueled by numerous unforced errors by us. Throwing the ball away or losing control of it.

We played bad and they hit threes. 33% on the year. 50% tonight. It happens.

I didnt come away thinking fsu was very good. We got down 22 after playing terrible and came back to within 1 point. Their runs were fueled by numerous unforced errors by us. Throwing the ball away or losing control of it.

FWIW, the UConn beat writers think FSU is far and away the best team UConn has faced this year. And, if you recall, we played UConn. FSU is much better team than SU.

Whatever the reasons for it(sanctions, Hopkins leaving, no high end recruiters on staff), the fact is that we have been recruiting at a middle of the pack level and the result is bubble team after bubble team. Our point guard play blows, our centers suck. This team is about the same as last year, the Sweet 16 run fooled us into believing this team would be good this year. Except for a really nice effort against a very short handed Duke team, who the hell have we beaten except for stiffs?

They looked like the 85 Hoyas. Pushed us around all night. Sad really.

FWIW, the UConn beat writers think FSU is far and away the best team UConn has faced this year. And, if you recall, we played UConn. FSU is much better team than SU.

"Theyre a mid major, so their opinion is worth less than ours, even when they win the title belt" (paraphrase of a good chunk of posts here).

Yes, small sample. But it supports what I saw. I think JB realized that himself.

Its barely relevant and far from being even minutely persuasive imho.

We played bad and they hit threes. 33% on the year. 50% tonight. It happens.
The unforced errors were brutal. FSU played a nice game and Mann and Kebengele are really good players. One thing that hasn't been mention is the number of assisted baskets they had compared to us. 20+ for them, single digits for us. Sorry, I haven't looked up the exact numbers. Guard play on defense has been pretty brutal between Frank and Buddy also.

The unforced errors were brutal. FSU played a nice game and Mann and Kebengele are really good players. One thing that hasn't been mention is the number of assisted baskets they had compared to us. 20+ for them, single digits for us. Sorry, I haven't looked up the exact numbers. Guard play on defense has been pretty brutal between Frank and Buddy also.

Our guards need to make it harder for the other teams' guards to make the alley oop passes. The one tonight that the guy tipped in was such a great pass though. No way any of our guys would have been able to contest that one. Ball was like a foot over the rim. That's why the guy tipped it in and didn't dunk it.

Our guards need to make it harder for the other teams' guards to make the alley oop passes. The one tonight that the guy tipped in was such a great pass though. No way any of our guys would have been able to contest that one. Ball was like a foot over the rim. That's why the guy tipped it in and didn't dunk it.
Have you ever noticed too that we don't take advantage of mismatches at all. A couple times tonight, Marek was being covered by their point guard, and not only did they not look to get the ball to him, but Marek didn't try to make himself available for a pass or lob. Frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom