Played Golf Today Behind Danny Ainge And Kevin McHale | Syracusefan.com

Played Golf Today Behind Danny Ainge And Kevin McHale

Cuse Action

2nd String
and asked Ainge if Fab would ever make it in the NBA. He was very non-committal, saying only that he was working hard, etc. McHale asked if I am a fan of the 2-3 zone, and I said that the SU zone is tough for other teams to play against. As I was walking away, he said something to Ainge about JB, but I couldn't hear what he said. They both were pleasant and didn't mind being approached. I forgot to mention that Ainge has a nice swing and looks like he could be a very good player if he had the time to devote to the game.

and asked Ainge if Fab would ever make it in the NBA. He was very non-committal, saying only that he was working hard, etc. McHale asked if I am a fan of the 2-3 zone, and I said that the SU zone is tough for other teams to play against. As I was walking away, he said something to Ainge about JB, but I couldn't hear what he said. They both were pleasant and didn't mind being approached. I forgot to mention that Ainge has a nice swing and looks like he could be a very good player if he had the time to devote to the game.
Did you ask about KJ?

This reminds me of a funny story. I once played golf at a charity event with Jungle Jim Luscutoff and Bailey Howell. Talk about an odd couple and an interesting afternoon! If you don't remember Jungle Jim ... he was the "enforcer" for the early Celtics and a certified madman. Jim, who probably didn't like the idea of being paired with a woman, kept yelling at me... "Get your fat ass into your swing." Meanwhile, Bailey Howell, a southern gentleman, ordained minister and member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, was visibly bothered by Jim's language... and he kept saying to me, very gently, "Miss Joyce, you're doing great. Don't listen to him." Without question, my oddest afternoon on a golf course.

This reminds me of a funny story. I once played golf at a charity event with Jungle Jim Luscutoff and Bailey Howell. Talk about an odd couple and an interesting afternoon! If you don't remember Jungle Jim ... he was the "enforcer" for the early Celtics and a certified madman. Jim, who probably didn't like the idea of being paired with a woman, kept yelling at me... "Get your fat ass into your swing." Meanwhile, Bailey Howell, a southern gentleman, ordained minister and member of the Basketball Hall of Fame, was visibly bothered by Jim's language... and he kept saying to me, very gently, "Miss Joyce, you're doing great. Don't listen to him." Without question, my oddest afternoon on a golf course.

Ran across this vintage clip of the 1962 NBA Final between the Celtics and Lakers. Unfortunately it doesn't go to the end and show Frank Selvy missing a jumper at the buzzer, allowing Game 7 to go into OT or Bob Cousy, in his last game, dribbling away the final seconds as the Celtics won. But the Jungle Man does put in an appearance and even makes a jump shot. Imagine that.

Where were you playing? Just curious where Danny and Kevin play.

Some might remember Ainge played pro baseball and was good enough to make it to the major leagues. Spent some time playing for the Chiefs in Syracuse on his way to the Blue Jays. He was a much better player than Jordan. At baseball.

Interesting tidbit - Loscutoff actually had his knicknake (Loscy) retired by the Celtics as he shared his number with Dave Cowens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom