players not coming back next season | Syracusefan.com

players not coming back next season

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
obviously scoop and kris. i also think dion and melo are as good as gone too. any thoughts?

I've been expecting that Dion and Fab would enter the draft at seasons end since before BE play started this season.

Dion better get his passport updated.

Dion is a 1st rounder. So unless he is going to Toronto, he'll be fine with out a passport for 2 years.

i've got a few thoughts on leaving early but i'll hold them til after we beat the cards

Fab I can see Dion not so much. Coinincidently we could still use both and both are still a bit premature.

Take Flynn for example, he had a decent outside shot, he was fast knew how to run a offense and played alittle bit of Defense.
Look at what happened to Donte for leaving early.
Wes it was time to go he was a solid top 8 pick and technically a senior.

Dion has shot a low percentage the second half of the season, doesn't have NBA range yet.
Fab doesn't have the post moves or has shown a great secondary bounce on defense.
Both are just so young and youthfull to their games.

Anyone that wants Dion to leave to open the room for talent is nuts. We really could use a 4th guard next year incase injuries happens.
Fab will be our only 7'0 next year. Hes got what 3 inches on our other 3 bigs. And what if one of them went down same thing.

Reguardless both could make us sooooooooooo much better next year its a no brainer. We will have to wait and see.

Think how much better Dion and Fab could be next year. We could be soo good if they came back especially with MCW, Dajuan and a true shooter like Cooney out there. Then add Fair getting better and Southerland getting better(finally). Plus Triche. We could be soooo loaded. Easily more loaded then this year if they come back and I love Scoop and KJO.

Dion is a 1st rounder. So unless he is going to Toronto, he'll be fine with out a passport for 2 years.
He'll have to play there at some point his first two years.

I think both could use another year but don't think they stick around for one unfortunately. Won't go as high as they could or have the career they may have if they stayed.

Not being NBA ready doesn't hinder 20+ of the first round picks from getting drafted each year! Unlike most sports the NBA Draft is 80% based on potential. That is why so many turn into "busts."

Pearl Washington seems to think that both Fab and Dion need to listen to Coach on this one. There's a lot of bball yet to be played and much can happen. JB is not bashful when it comes telling a player his stock is high and he should go.

FWIW, Pearl stated on the radio today that neither Fab nor Dion is a guaranteed first rounder at this point and should weigh that heavily. If you're a potential lottery player, then yes. But if you're not in that discussion pre draft, then you come back and become next year's lottery picks.

My thoughts...

1.)Carter-Williams
2.)Triche
3.)Fair
4.)Christmas
5.)Noel

Cooney, Coleman, Grant, Southerland, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom