players only meeting | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

players only meeting

Yeah. I mean, I love DC. There's very little reason for him to work this hard just to be a handicapped player as an old senior, but he simply can't jump and therefore is a liability in all phases at the 5. Thompson helps spacing on offense and can score with relative ease while giving the same lack of defense.

That said, DC can still lead this team with Lydon, and doesn't seem to show any issue when minutes are slashed.

Chukwu, as useless as he was offensively, is going to hurt. But I can't wait to see him sporting thick goggles on the court.

Just leaves Howard and Coleman. I really don't know what to expect from Howard, but Coleman I'm ready to banish to the bench in favor of Lydon and Thompson at the 5.

And therein lies the huge issue. We don't know what to expect from Howard, JB doesn't know what to expect from Howard, and Howard doesn't know what to expect from Howard. And as far as a single player goes, he's probably the most important for the way JB runs the team.

lest we forget dajuan coleman was a token starter when he arrived here on campus .pulled out at the first whistle i got no problems token starting him as a senior who battled thru injuries. but for god's sake let somebody else jump the tip off !

who would lead such a meeting? a 5th year senior transfer? a senior who has been relegated to the bench?
who would lead such a meeting? a 5th year senior transfer? a senior who has been relegated to the bench?
im going to guess sobecuse. I know what you are thinking. Players only. Sobecuse wouldn't let that stop him. I'm guessing they talked about m2m and that is going to be unleashed on the ACC in a few short days.

Easy to say it worked after beating an Ivy school. Let's see how it works next week.

Teams always call these meetings before they play someone bad, we will see if things have changed in a week.

so the plant in this photo represents the tavern league zone...

Annex%20-%20Cagney,%20James%20(Mister%20Roberts)_NRFPT_01.jpg

Teams always call these meetings before they play someone bad, we will see if things have changed in a week.
Where on earth did you come up with that hard and fast statement? :crazy:

lest we forget dajuan coleman was a token starter when he arrived here on campus .pulled out at the first whistle i got no problems token starting him as a senior who battled thru injuries. but for god's sake let somebody else jump the tip off !

Seriously?

Lydon has been jumping the tip off all season.

Its pretty well known in sports
I think his point concerned the use of the word 'always'. Teams don't 'always' call player-only meetings before they play someone bad.

I'm glad to hear that because I never heard it before.
The hard and fast rule is a manager or head coach will call a closed-door meeting before a game they think they'll win. By winning the next game, it "reinforces" the message(s) shared and increases the odds of roster-wide "buy in."

Sort of akin to "always" firing a coach or manager entering an extended stretch of home games. Never fire a guy when entering a road trip. It just makes sense.

DC has a few games he'll be useful in - vs. UNC and their bigs; maybe against Colson and ND, etc. He was good against UConn who has some pretty big dudes up front. Whenever we play an undersized team like Cornell, there is little reason to play DC other than rest for TT/Lydon (or foul trouble). But we will need DC when we go up against the bigger teams in the ACC to either draw fouls, battle on the boards, or use his 5 personal fouls. As much as I love TT's offensive game - if he is playing the 5, he has nowhere near ready to battle against and play the anchor against Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks. Now could they guard him? We'll see - but a game like that is where you'll DC get more minutes.

DC has a few games he'll be useful in - vs. UNC and their bigs; maybe against Colson and ND, etc. He was good against UConn who has some pretty big dudes up front. Whenever we play an undersized team like Cornell, there is little reason to play DC other than rest for TT/Lydon (or foul trouble). But we will need DC when we go up against the bigger teams in the ACC to either draw fouls, battle on the boards, or use his 5 personal fouls. As much as I love TT's offensive game - if he is playing the 5, he has nowhere near ready to battle against and play the anchor against Kennedy Meeks and Isaiah Hicks. Now could they guard him? We'll see - but a game like that is where you'll DC get more minutes.
good post, agreed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom