Playmakers making Plays or making play for Playmakers? | Syracusefan.com

Playmakers making Plays or making play for Playmakers?

Don

2nd String
I see all this talk about lack of play makers and while we dont have Florida state or West virginia's volume of play makers I think we have enough to win games. What I think we have a clear lack of is putting our play makers into position to make plays.

as example Ill give you is a player who is no longer on our team Chandler Jones. I mean really when he decided to leave I want anyone who thought he would be a first round draft pick starting for a superbowl contending team and making plays I want you to go to the hall of fame of prognosticators. I know he was hurt here but I never saw him as an impact first round pick. How came he didnt have 12- 15 sacks a year here? Why wasn't he an all american? I firmly believe that he was not put in a position to make more plays here, heck he dropped into coverage as much as he rushed the passer. I think his play in the NFL showed he either underachieved in college or was never given the opportunity to show how good he really was.

Another example is the Minnesota game where Marcus sales drew double over and under coverage and was taken out of the game. Why wasn't he moved to the slot? why wasnt his side of the field flooded to prevent that type of coverage? why wasn't he lined up in the backfield and put in motion to keep coverage from keying on him? Look he had four straight games of over a hundred yards he is a play maker so you give him a chance to make plays against other players, not bottled up by two players. You do what you must to get your play makers the ball as much as possible on offense and give your defensive players a chance to disrupt the other team as often as possible.

Speaking of that we have a mack truck in the secondary named Sharmarko a guy who could change a game with one of his hard hits, yet when was the last safety blitz we saw? when has he been used on run blitzes? He is a four year senior and our hardest hitter so why is he not being used to disrupt plays?

I wont even talk about the use of Broyld.

My point is a good coach puts his best players in a position to win games. They have a chance to change momentum and lift the rest of the team up.

I like Coach Marrone but he needs to make adjustments to get what play makers he has to make the plays they can. Even the greatest players can be taken out of games by schemes if the coaches dont make changes to defeat these schemes.

So no we dont have play makers at every position but we have enough to put up 7-8 wins this year. Its up to play makers to make plays but they need to be put into position to make plays as well and that involves the coaches making those adjustments

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom