Please no more bubble talk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Please no more bubble talk

The thing about Duke is --- we will be able to score on them. And we will be able to hold our own on the boards vs. them. The question is - how will both teams shoot from 3? That will decide the game.

The thing about Duke is --- we will be able to score on them. And we will be able to hold our own on the boards vs. them. The question is - how will both teams shoot from 3? That will decide the game.
Duke is a team we can beat or that can beat us by 25. If we shoot the way we have the past 2 games, I'm afraid it will be the latter.

Some of you guys are ridiculous. WE're very much in this. You think Duke wants to play this team in the dome where FSU and UVA lost and nearly UL? No.

2 more ACC wins and we're in. 10 ACC wins. That's what we need.

Tonight sucked but we march onward.

Duke is a team we can beat or that can beat us by 25. If we shoot the way we have the past 2 games, I'm afraid it will be the latter.
I agree with you.

But in late February all you can ask for is a chance - we still control our destiny.

The silver lining... No, it's not even that. The bronze lining here is that if we don't get a double bye in the ACCT, we'll have a much more winnable game to start the ACCT and then get another shot at a top team to boost the resume. We now likely need three more wins to get in, so there are two scenarios that likely get us there:

1. Win vs. Duke or @Louisville, beat Ga Tech at home, win at least one ACCT game (aka don't get upset by a bad team).

2. Beat Ga Tech at home, win two ACCT games. (Pull one big upset)

So, they basically have three opportunities to knock someone off. One at home, one on the road, one on a "neutral," court at Barclays...

19-14 (11-9) with wins over three top 10 teams ought to get it done.

I can't see us getting in without beating BOTH Duke and Louisville or somehow getting to 20 total wins (which would mean a big ACC tournament run). Right now, I'd give us 10% chance of making the tournament. To be honest, I can admit it this year, we don't really deserve to be in the tournament.

The cinderella run to the Final 4 last year is the only thing that has prevented these 4 years from being maybe the worst 4 year run we've ever seen from the program in the Boeheim era.

Sort of, but if not for that, there was a much higher probability of Malachi staying around... He might have been on the fence if not for the strong play in the tourney and the extra publicity that went with it.

I can't see us getting in without beating BOTH Duke and Louisville or somehow getting to 20 total wins (which would mean a big ACC tournament run). Right now, I'd give us 10% chance of making the tournament. To be honest, I can admit it this year, we don't really deserve to be in the tournament.
OK, who do you put in instead of us?

Exactly. It's a very weak bubble... A lot of people tend to compare this year's 'Cuse team to lasts or to other 'Cuse bubble teams, and judge accordingly... Or use a standard formula of X overall wins, Y conference wins, etc... It's not that simple.

Exactly. It's a very weak bubble... A lot of people tend to compare this year's 'Cuse team to lasts or to other 'Cuse bubble teams, and judge accordingly... Or use a standard formula of X overall wins, Y conference wins, etc... It's not that simple.
Yeah, we have chances for impressive wins.

There are other teams on the bubble that don't have the chances we do to get good wins.

We need to make the most of those chances. Dropping Louisville hurts. Pissing a chance away for a quality road win hurts.

If we beat Duke we will likely get in on strength of 3 top 10 wins. I doubt we beat Duke though -- our D won't contain them. Only game I see us winning is the finale at home against GT. Not enough. We are going to have a tough bracket in ACCT and can't expect a whole lot...maybe 1 win. Very disappointing season.

Honestly, I can't say for sure but our resume is not strong. We went 2-8 in away games. :( Take away the 5 game win streak and we have nothing and we barely held onto those games against Wake, NC ST and Clemson. I think Virginia Tech has a better shot than us, their remaining schedule isn't too tough.

Telling me we don't deserve to be in with 10 ACC wins?

The cinderella run to the Final 4 last year is the only thing that has prevented these 4 years from being maybe the worst 4 year run we've ever seen from the program in the Boeheim era.
Yeah and UConn pulling 2 runs out of their a** saved them from irrelevance.

Jay Wright winning last year is the only thing that saved him from being a bad tournament coach.

You can't take away what actually happened to make it fit your agenda

Honestly, I can't say for sure but our resume is not strong. We went 2-8 in away games. :( Take away the 5 game win streak and we have nothing and we barely held onto those games against Wake, NC ST and Clemson. I think Virginia Tech has a better shot than us, their remaining schedule isn't too tough.
Bad post. All around.

I hope I'm wrong, guess we'll all see.

I know it is a different year, different circumstances but 2006-2007 taught us a lesson.
Finishing the regular season at 10-6 in the Big East conference and 21-8 overall. Now, I think we got robbed that year but nonetheless.

Last edited:

We've got two things going for us. 1- the bubble is very weak and some traditionally strong leagues are down this year; 2- we play in a very tough league relative to the others. That said, we need to win at least two more games and probably three to be safe.

We've got two things going for us. 1- the bubble is very weak and some traditionally strong leagues are down this year; 2- we play in a very tough league relative to the others. That said, we need to win at least two more games and probably three to be safe.
Agree. And one other thing that we should have going for us is our run last year. Gotta assume if it's between us and say Virginia Tech that will help for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom