Please no more bubble talk | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Please no more bubble talk

Because there are barely any road wins, wins against some garbage teams and our best and only ooc win is Monmouth.

The resume's we're going up against on the bubble are just as bad, if not far worse. I'll be worried if we lose Wednesday.

The resume's we're going up against on the bubble are just as bad, if not far worse. I'll be worried if we lose Wednesday.

If we win two out of the next three then maybe, but I don't know.

If we win two out of the next three then maybe, but I don't know.

if we win two of the last 3 I'd expect to be nothing but golden.

It's as simple as this

we need to win three more games until we can't win three more games were not done!

We already proved we can play with Louisville Duke or anybody else

we also proved that we could lose to anybody.see Boston college and St. John's

You can criticize a teams road resume all you'd like. Wins against UVA, FSU and Duke/UL speak.

I mentioned this a few days ago, but I'm going to say it again since it's more relevant in this thread.

The worst records to get at-large bids were 18-14 by Arizona in 2008 and 18-14 by Michigan St. in 2011 (RPI 50 and 54 respectively; KenPom 24 and 45 respectively. Both received 10 seeds). Our RPI before tonight's game was 83 and KenPom was 48.

If we go 2-1 to finish the regular season and lose our first ACCT game, that puts us at 18-14. I think it's safe to say that our potential 18-14 season is worse than Arizona and Michigan State's 18-14 seasons so we can't really count on going 18-14 even with a "weak bubble." It's still possible to make the NCAA tournament, but we must win three of our next four and aim to finish 19-14 or better.

Yeah and UConn pulling 2 runs out of their a** saved them from irrelevance.

Jay Wright winning last year is the only thing that saved him from being a bad tournament coach.

You can't take away what actually happened to make it fit your agenda
We can only wish a final 4 was on par with either of those. Meanwhile this 4 year stretch, even with the final 4 run, will have a worse record than the 05-08 teams that didn't win a single tournament game.

Sorry to be a downer.

Last edited:
Honestly, I can't say for sure but our resume is not strong. We went 2-8 in away games. :( Take away the 5 game win streak and we have nothing and we barely held onto those games against Wake, NC ST and Clemson. I think Virginia Tech has a better shot than us, their remaining schedule isn't too tough.

Yes, let's take away the best 5 game stretch for all bubble teams. Let's see how strong they are.

Virginia Tech is fairly secure unless they totally crap the bed. They are not the competition.

Yes, let's take away the best 5 game stretch for all bubble teams. Let's see how strong they are.

Virginia Tech is fairly secure unless they totally crap the bed. They are not the competition.
i think N.Carolina has a better chance than us

Obviously home wins vs. Duke and GT and a must and likely 2 wins in ACCT.

No way Cuse has much of a chance at the Ville. On Saturday, Va Tech shot 17 for 26 from 3 and 59% overall at UofL and still lost.

We can only wish a final 4 was on par with either of those. Meanwhile this 4 year stretch, even with the final 4 run, will have a worse record than the 05-08 teams that didn't win a single tournament game.

Sorry to be a downer.

I was a student from 04-05 to 07-08, guess how many of those wins I'd trade for a Final Four run?

In terms of what it means for the program, you could argue the '06 Big East Tourney was almost as important as a Final Four run in terms of prestige/recruiting/relevance, but never the less, to try to say a Final Four run isn't hugely important to the program based on an overall record over four years is craziness.

Worst fear has been confirmed...Only way in is to beat either dook or lulville.

Going out there and crapping the bed v Pitt and gatech doesn't give much hope.

If we beat Duke we will likely get in on strength of 3 top 10 wins. I doubt we beat Duke though -- our D won't contain them. Only game I see us winning is the finale at home against GT. Not enough. We are going to have a tough bracket in ACCT and can't expect a whole lot...maybe 1 win. Very disappointing season.
If we played Duke a month or so ago the game would be up for grabs. Duke unfortunately is playing their best ball of the year. 7 wins in a row with 5 or 6 guys who can go for 25 or more each game. They basically play only 6 guys so that will help. I remember last year we barely won and Kennard had an absolutely terrible game. We would need something like that to happen this year to stand a chance. Unless, of course, our 3-point shooting comes alive. Duke is NOT a great defensive team.

Obviously home wins vs. Duke and GT and a must and likely 2 wins in ACCT.

No way Cuse has much of a chance at the Ville. On Saturday, Va Tech shot 17 for 26 from 3 and 59% overall at UofL and still lost.
Either/or.

If we beat Duke and GaTech and go 1-1 in the ACCT; we're in
If we beat Duke and GaTech and lose our 1st ACCT game; I think we sneak in but we'll have to sweat it

If we go 1-2 to close the season; we will probably need 2 ACCT wins.

Your scenario of wins vs. GaTech, Duke and 2 ACCT wins gives us 20 wins and probably a 7 seed.

If we played Duke a month or so ago the game would be up for grabs. Duke unfortunately is playing their best ball of the year. 7 wins in a row with 5 or 6 guys who can go for 25 or more each game. They basically play only 6 guys so that will help. I remember last year we barely won and Kennard had an absolutely terrible game. We would need something like that to happen this year to stand a chance. Unless, of course, our 3-point shooting comes alive. Duke is NOT a great defensive team.
Yep. We will be able to score on Duke - it will be nice to play a team that is weak defensively. Question is - can we get out to their shooters consistently enough to slow them down? They aren't a team that will kill us on the boards/in the paint either - it's going to come down to turnovers and who shoots the 3 better

Either/or.

If we beat Duke and GaTech and go 1-1 in the ACCT; we're in
If we beat Duke and GaTech and lose our 1st ACCT game; I think we sneak in but we'll have to sweat it

If we go 1-2 to close the season; we will probably need 2 ACCT wins.

Your scenario of wins vs. GaTech, Duke and 2 ACCT wins gives us 20 wins and probably a 7 seed.

That's Webster's definition of "wishful thinking." :)

A 10-8 ACC regular season record won't be good enough, especially when considering our "weaker" ACC unbalanced schedule. Playing GT twice, Pitt twice, BC twice and only one of the top tier ACC teams twice in UL (with a probable 0-2 record against). UVA & FSU wins at home are not as impressive as they once appeared to be. Add the fact that we have no good OOC wins, it's really going to take a deep ACC tourney run (championship game) or the automatic bid.

Yep. We will be able to score on Duke - it will be nice to play a team that is weak defensively. Question is - can we get out to their shooters consistently enough to slow them down? They aren't a team that will kill us on the boards/in the paint either - it's going to come down to turnovers and who shoots the 3 better

Highly unlikely given what I have seen all year.

Expect Jefferson to have 15 and 12.

I was a student from 04-05 to 07-08, guess how many of those wins I'd trade for a Final Four run?

In terms of what it means for the program, you could argue the '06 Big East Tourney was almost as important as a Final Four run in terms of prestige/recruiting/relevance, but never the less, to try to say a Final Four run isn't hugely important to the program based on an overall record over four years is craziness.
But I'm not saying that. If you go back to my initial post in this thread, I said the final 4 run is the only thing that kept this from otherwise being the worst four year run of the boeheim era. There is otherwise just very little to hang your hat on.

I couldn't agree more. 3 games ago people on here had us as a lock, which was, and is, utterly ridiculous. We have no quality road wins. We are on the outside looking in. Extremely frustrating to watch them unravel.

i did love the poster who had the @pitt and @tech as 2 "should be wins"... Cmon dude... we have been HORRRIFIC away from home save 2 miracle 3's.

That being said... This aint over. Watch us beat Duke. We only need 3 more wins out of at least 4 games.

Our guards at top of the zone have been AWFUL all year in defending the 3 point line. The Duke game could get very ugly. We will have to have an exceptional shooting game from several guys to hang with them.

16-12 come on. I'm sure we'll hang with duke but they'll beat us and Louisville will beat us by 30.

This team has been an absolute embarrassment away from the dome. What a joke.
Perhaps there is a way...if the SU made their last ditch frantic comebacks earlier.
Then they wouldn't have to foul down the stretch and come close but not close enough.

So...how about spotting opponents 10 points at the start of the game?
That way the Orange can rally from the opening tip.

For whatever it's worth (which I know isn't much) Lunardi has us in the field and not in Dayton.

Honestly, I can't say for sure but our resume is not strong. We went 2-8 in away games. :( Take away the 5 game win streak and we have nothing and we barely held onto those games against Wake, NC ST and Clemson. I think Virginia Tech has a better shot than us, their remaining schedule isn't too tough.

va tech is well above the bubble line we are on(like 8 or 9 seed for them,us 11 to play in )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom