Please please no platinum next week... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Please please no platinum next week...

He did while he was alive.

Donated money for the lockerroom no? Why we besmirching Al Davis on donation amounts? Al actually is one of the few owners who wasn’t flush w cash since his entire value was with the Raiders. Not sure he could make that massive liquid investment w the Orange. Spoked glowingly about the program.

School just needs to have a retro uniform in their portfolio of uniforms. Doesn’t have to be primary but literally every school has one except us. Did we agree w Nike to provide us 30 diff variations of the new unis but specifically no retro?

Most teams that have all these different modern color combinations have a black variation. It's like having a formal suit or tuxedo to wear for special occasions. The reason I suggested the nod to Al Davis is because that celebrates the history of the program and a famous alumni at the same time.

I think we should go - Orange lid (W orange facemask), White Jersey, White pants.

We should have a black version of our current unis' with silver accents and chrome "S" on the helmet to be Raideresque. That would be cool.

Pink and Green (with little four leaf clover motifs...yah I know, ef em!)

People always throw out the 1800s colors as a half-joke, but I say go with it!

They can't be uglier than the all-blue or anything involving gray. And while it's no way to build a brand, that kind of one-off would definitely get some national pub to make up for that.

The lesson is, if you're going to wear goofy clown-suits, go all the way.

We should wear the White helmets with Orange face masks from last year with white tops and orange pants.
These uniforms with a white top.
usa_today_10300193.0.jpg

I think we should wear the blue helmet, the blue jersey, and the white pants.

That would be fun.

I think we did that the last time we played ND - I walked in and thought we were the Chicago Bears.

I think we did that the last time we played ND - I walked in and thought we were the Chicago Bears.

Yeah, I was just joking because ND is wearing white pants, blue jersey, blue helmet.

I'm going to assume (and hope) we're wearing the somewhat traditional orange pants, white jersey, orange helmet combo.

Yeah, I was just joking because ND is wearing white pants, blue jersey, blue helmet.

I'm going to assume (and hope) we're wearing the somewhat traditional orange pants, white jersey, orange helmet combo.

We should really mess with everybody and show up looking like the LA Rams.

We're going to need a lot of orange as ND is wearing white and blue. An all orange look, or with a white helmet, will probably provide the largest difference in the two outfits

We should wear the White helmets with Orange face masks from last year with white tops and orange pants.
These uniforms with a white top.
usa_today_10300193.0.jpg

You stole my combo!

ND making a pinstripe uni for this game is ludicrous. Pinstripes show up in that stadium 81 times a year and ND wearing them means nothing, no significance. wth, wear your colors, show them off. Sure, it's your home game, but nobody cares about your insignificant NYC relationship. Its no existent. brutal.
ND is doing this because they believe they are the Yankees of college football.

I'll take this retro look:

View attachment 144076
ND is doing this because they believe they are the Yankees of college football.

Yes, YES they do, very true. But geez, most ND players wouldn't know babe Ruth if he fell on them. I am cool with this being THEIR home game, i get it, but geez ND...show your colors on national TV and skip the pinstripes. Its fraudulent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom