POLL: Are we IN or OUT?

Are we IN or OUT?

• IN

Votes: 59 48.0%
  • OUT

Votes: 64 52.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're out, fellas. KState, USC will get in for some reason. Always a surprise too. Could see Illinois State. They will have Wake over us, and not have 10 ACC teams. OOC, road/neutral is always big. The wins at home won't cut it.

That would be a travesty if Usc gets a bid.

This team had ample chances to play it's way into the dance. They simply could not get it done and along the way there were some very, very embarrassing losses. Admittedly there were some thrilling moments and wins... but aside from the Duke win this team did not finish the season well. The fact that we could not muster a win in the ACC tourney against Miami certainly illustrated to me that we don't have much of a chance to do anything in the big dance.

2nd year in a row shaking like a dog pooping razor blades waiting for the bubble-cision tells me that there are some questions that need to be honestly answered about the direction of the program. If we're out... it's one less week of angst for me.

:oops:
This team had ample chances to play it's way into the dance. They simply could not get it done and along the way there were some very, very embarrassing losses. Admittedly there were some thrilling moments and wins... but aside from the Duke win this team did not finish the season well. The fact that we could not muster a win in the ACC tourney against Miami certainly illustrated to me that we don't have much of a chance to do anything in the big dance.

2nd year in a row shaking like a dog pooping razor blades waiting for the bubble-cision tells me that there are some questions that need to be honestly answered about the direction of the program. If we're out... it's one less week of angst for me.

I've been torn for two days, I was convinced we were out yesterday, going to bed last night I started to feel really good about our chances, now I' torn again, last year I said out, so I will go with out.

Just for fun, I looked up Palm's 2016 bracket predictions -- Syracuse listed 3rd in "First 4 out". Bracket matrix had SU out. Lunardi had SU out. Stewart Mandel of Fox Sports had SU out. Hopefully all, except Lunardi, will be proven wrong AGAIN.

there were some thrilling moments and wins... but aside from the Duke win this team did not finish the season well. The fact that we could not muster a win in the ACC tourney against Miami certainly illustrated to me that we don't have much of a chance to do anything in the big dance.

I thought exactly this last year and the team surprised all of us coming together for a really great run. So while I agree the team had opportunities to make this automatic, we shouldn't dismiss their chances.

One thing I tend to look at is how many Tourney teams have you beaten? SU has beaten enough to be a credible entrant into the field. Comparison just as a for instance: say Vandy who beat the same team 3 times to get in. Basically that is the same type scenario as having a horrible road record. With SU you could say, yeah they'd be good if the tournament was played at home. With Vandy you could say, yeah they'll win the championship if they get 6 games against Florida.

The real question is, will our students rush the court when we win the NIT? Ya know, cuz that's what we do?

Seriously though, out and frankly, deservedly so. Like said before, every single time we had the chance to make the decision easy we blew it.

I thought exactly this last year and the team surprised all of us coming together for a really great run. So while I agree the team had opportunities to make this automatic, we shouldn't dismiss their chances.

One thing I tend to look at is how many Tourney teams have you beaten? SU has beaten enough to be a credible entrant into the field. Comparison just as a for instance: say Vandy who beat the same team 3 times to get in. Basically that is the same type scenario as having a horrible road record. With SU you could say, yeah they'd be good if the tournament was played at home. With Vandy you could say, yeah they'll win the championship if they get 6 games against Florida.
Point well taken Houston.

Feeling less good as we get closer

Feel better thinking uconn also out

Agree with Orlando. No being robbed this year if we aren't in. We'll have earned it.

We're out. Line went from +110 out to -180 in a few seconds.

Sorry fellas. NIT it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom