• Play in the Fall without fans

Votes: 45 46.4%
  • Delay till Spring if there is a chance for fans

Votes: 19 19.6%
  • I'm depressed about all of this

Votes: 33 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said the fall, assuming it's safe for the players. I can rarely make it to live games, so if I can get it on TV, I'm good with no fans.

Maybe they can hang blue screens all around the field and CGI crowds. They could use footage from the late '90's so the structure-as-yet-to-labeled is full.

Could we be closer to herd immunity than thought? This virus is very selective. Some get ravaged by the disease and others get nothing or minor symptoms.

The numbers have picked up in this second wave but so far deaths and ICU admissions are nothing like March and April. Is it a weaker virus or do the people getting it have some resistance to it now?

The article cites 2 (out of presumably many) tests, and both cited tests have small sample sizes and have not yet been peer reviewed. I’m not betting the house on any of their findings - good, bad, or otherwise.

Hospitals aren’t being overrun because the virus is more spread out. If it were to reach critical mass throughout the country, then we’d have a health crisis materially bigger than the one that we had in the spring.

The obvious solution to the problem is to take it seriously and bring the number down to something controllable until there is a vaccine.

Half treating the virus is worse than not treating it at all, as you get none of the benefit and substantially more of the costs. Not doing anything about the virus is obviously the wrong solution, as evidenced by the fact that only Sweden has chosen that approach, and many involved in that decision have since second guessed it.

If hospitals start to get overwhelmed again...all the elective procedures and periodic evals I expect will get cancelled.

The media need to dive deeper into this second wave. Just reporting new cases is not the whole story. Hospitalization and death rates are much more relevant, IMHO.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the SEC if there’s TV-only.

I can see a world where high operational leverage + modest endowments (albeit high athletics endowments) + low gate = In the words of Dusty Rhodes, “hard times.”

But as some silver lining, I imagine it will be fantastic for the ACCN.

I've warmed up to the idea of Spring Football but that would be so hard on the support staff switching the dome from Basketball to Football/Lacrosse more frequently, plus possibly 20+ games in a single year for players is rough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom