Polls (Oct 16): AP #14 / Coaches #14 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Polls (Oct 16): AP #14 / Coaches #14

If I had a vote I’d probably vote them ahead of us. Hell their only lose is to #5 in 2 OT.
2 P5 wins, granted one was at a then-ranked (now unimpressive) FSU. I don't see their wins as more impressive than ours honestly.

We're more likely to be undefeated and out of the playoff than in the discussion with a loss. There is zero chance we're even in the conversation with a loss.

If we go undefeated we have a chance but it's far from guaranteed we get in over a one loss Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, or Ohio State assuming their one loss is within that group.

I think this is unfair and stupid and I argued with my friend about it this morning but deep down he's right.

If we beat Clemson we probably sneak into the top 10, and Clemson drops to like #15. From there moving up will have way more to do with what happens in front of us than anything we do. Winning each week would keep us from dropping, not move us up. If we lose close to Clemson, we drop down to like #18. Lose big and we drop like a rock. Also stupid, but that's reality.

The perception is that we're a fluke. It will take multiple years of playing at this level to break that perception. Accomplishing anything major within that perception requires going undefeated.
I've reached the same conclusion. To make the playoff we need to be undefeated. I'm more optimistic in the jump we make in the polls if we pull off beating Clemson in their house.

I keep harping on this, but preseason ranking matters so much. Clemson rolls through the season, it's playoffs no questions asked. If we roll through, there will still be questions, even though we would arguably have a stronger case based on resume.

Not to discredit us but we’ve played 5 of 6 at home.

Its no surprise we haven’t convinced enough yet

4 P5 wins is pretty good I dont' think its a long list of teams with that many. Of course we benefit from these being at home but its not like we don't have to end the year mostly on the road now.

Yes we found the worst possible G5 and FCS schools to play but would we be ranked any higher if we went to a directional school instead of Uconn and beat someone like Albany instead of Wagner? Probably not.

Hopefully we beat Clemson but lets be honest we are going to really get screwed over in the polls if we are a 1 loss team its painfully obvious some ridiculous teams might be head of us hell its possible a 2 loss NC State is above 1 loss Syracuse that is how ridiculous this ranking is. The games after Clemson are all tough until BC and will likely be better wins than whatever teams ahead of us have with no chance to jump them if they don't lose.

The question I have is why our schedule gets nitpicked so much? We can only beat the teams we play. Seems like our injuries get overlooked by the National media. Purdue is a solid football team. The talking heads like to say they gave us that game, but we also played poorly and Garrett was under the weather. NC State played better against FSU with their backup.

We have such a negative perception and we just keep winning. Feels like every game there has been a “but” or an asterisk by those talking on Tv. I really want this upset next weekend just to give the ESPN crew the middle finger.

SU can only do what it that can do, which is to say, play the next team on the schedule and win. Clemson is next. Win the game. The pollsters will do what they will do. I suspect they do not want to help the ACC and especially don't want a Cinderella story that they didn't write. However, conference games are going to weed out most of the mess in front of Clemson/Syracuse/Wake so that is one of the three ends up with a perfect record, they will likely be in the playoffs.

Worrying too much now about the one-loss teams with weak schedules that are ranked ahead of Syracuse is immaterial if the Orange does not take care of business.

The problem for the everyone else is that Syracuse has nowhere else to go but up, nothing to lose, everything to gain, a thirst for blood, a team that wants to win, a roster with depth, a staff with the chops to win and a schedule with teams that they can beat. There are no easy games left, SU cannot over look anyone,. But no team on the schedule is unbeatable.

LET'S GO ORANGE!

If I had a vote I’d probably vote them ahead of us. Hell their only lose is to #5 in 2 OT.
I know we’re 6-0. But we havent lit the world on fire here offensively since Lville. UConn and Wagner were glorified scrimmages. Purdue beat us everywhere but the scoreboard. We hung on for dear life vs a horrid UVA team and we beat NCState without their QB.

I mean….I understand the perception, but just keep winning and the rest will take care of itself.

If we beat Clemson, we're top 10. If we beat Notre Dame and Pitt, we're top 5. OSU, UM, GA, AL, SU.
if we beat clemson we might still not be top 10 or ahead of clemson. and winning the next 3 hard to say we get above OSU/Mich/Ala/Tenn or TCU if they dont lose or Clemson if the dont lose again.

We're more likely to be undefeated and out of the playoff than in the discussion with a loss. There is zero chance we're even in the conversation with a loss.

If we go undefeated we have a chance but it's far from guaranteed we get in over a one loss Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, or Ohio State assuming their one loss is within that group.

I think this is unfair and stupid and I argued with my friend about it this morning but deep down he's right.

If we beat Clemson we probably sneak into the top 10, and Clemson drops to like #15. From there moving up will have way more to do with what happens in front of us than anything we do. Winning each week would keep us from dropping, not move us up. If we lose close to Clemson, we drop down to like #18. Lose big and we drop like a rock. Also stupid, but that's reality.

The perception is that we're a fluke. It will take multiple years of playing at this level to break that perception. Accomplishing anything major within that perception requires going undefeated.
Uh, no. Syracuse goes undefeated that gives them likely wins over Wake, Clemson, Pitt and UNC in championship game. That team makes the playoff. Any undefeated winner of a Power 5 conference will make the playoff. Arguing anything else is being purposefully negative and completely ignoring history.

Wild how after the QB transfer portal musical chairs Miss St, Syracuse & Illinois are all ranked
I am actually wondering how many starting QBs are at the school they originally played at.

Uh, no. Syracuse goes undefeated that gives them likely wins over Wake, Clemson, Pitt and UNC in championship game. That team makes the playoff. Any undefeated winner of a Power 5 conference will make the playoff. Arguing anything else is being purposefully negative and completely ignoring history.
if we go undefeated and Ga/Ala/tenn split the 3 games and OSU doesnt lose its gonna be hard for anyone else to get in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom