Popping my cherry | Syracusefan.com

Popping my cherry

DrysdaleBlue

Walk On
First time poster here. Long time lurker on the scout board and followed everyone over to this one. I really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and really havent felt the need to post as most of the thoughts on here resemble mine. However, I've always wanted to be a part of the community and now that I've graduated from cuse and I'm hating the real world, I feel now is the the perfect time.

On to football... Sharing my sentiments, many fans on this board have shared their displeasure with our offensive system arguing that our current system isn't getting the most production out of our current assets. Like many of you i agree that the production needs to get better. However, as I watch th Pitt game right now I can't help but to think that while scheme does play a huge role in offensive production, CONFIDENCE really makes that scheme work. Just look at Pitt. Todd graham's scheme worked wonders at Tulsa and now at Pitt you see them going 6 straight 3 and outs. I refuse to believe that Tulsa has more talent that pitt.

All I'm trying to say that in college football, CONFIDENCE, can really turn someone from bad to good, and from good to great. Just look at what we did against wake for example. Once we finally started playing with some urgency and purpose things starting clicking.

An example for guys. How much better is your game with girls when you have confidence. You don't get the girl because you got better looking, you got her because you approached her with confidence. The same concet applies to football. It starts with the coaches and continues success. It doesn't come over night.

Good post. Just installing some magic scheme won't make below average weapons or players not tailored to that scheme into a highly productive unit. Pitts biggest drawback right now is their QBs suck big ones. They can't run their offense as fast as they'd like because they can't gain yards on consecutive plays.

I'd like to see SU run more up-tempo on offense, but I don't really see anything wrong with the scheme. They've looked good when going no huddle a couple times, but they can't do it too much since the defense can't get off the field. We need the defense to improve to the point to where they can get a few quick stops and get the offense the ball a little more. If they can do that I'll bet our offensive production improves to at least NCAA average, which would be quite the achievement.

Confidence is an elusive concept. Momentum is also.
You get confidence from having good players, and having success. Mike Williams, Deleone Carter, Art Jones, Doug Hogue -- these guys will bring you confidence. Your team is a tad short of playmakers on either side of the ball, confidence starts to melt away.

What's this magic scheme you speak of and where can we find it?! Is it the mythical "Kitchen sink" offense we've been searching for?!!

OP: you obviously haven't lurked long enough if you're under the impression anyone here has any game with the ladies.

Seriously though, good posts. Should do so more often.

You have to install a scheme that will work with the players you have. We have a good quarterback and some good receivers and a small, quick, running back who caught 35 passes last year. Using the pass as your fastball and the run as your change-up makes the most sense with this personnel.

Next year I'd like to see them put Moore and Gulley in the backfield as a Mr. Inside/Mr. Outside combination and use the run to set up the pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom