Portal 2023-24 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Portal 2023-24

Tick-tock. Is SU involved in this process at all? Have transfer candidates been identified as having elicited interest from SU who are still in the portal?

Tick-tock. Is SU involved in this process at all? Have transfer candidates been identified as having elicited interest from SU who are still in the portal?
I am sure they have been making attempts to get players. We will not outbid certain teams. We have a good core but need at least two more bigs. 6’2 to 6’4. I have faith coach will get what we need it might just not be who some fans want.

Tomorrow starts another quiet period, 4/24 through 5/7, when prospects can visit campus again.

Quiet period: During a quiet period, athletes can talk to college coaches in-person on their college campus. However, the coach can’t watch recruits compete in-person, visit their school, talk to them at their home or anywhere outside of the college campus.

• August 1-31, 2022 (Except recruiting shutdown Aug. 14-20, 2022)
  • April 4–20, 2023
  • April 24–May 7, 2023
  • May 15-18, 2023
  • May 22-June 12, 2023
  • June 18-July 4 2023
  • July 25-31, 2023

Coach Sharkey is following her on Twitter
1682371220926.png

I am sure they have been making attempts to get players. We will not outbid certain teams. We have a good core but need at least two more bigs. 6’2 to 6’4. I have faith coach will get what we need it might just not be who some fans want.
Core? 2 players Fair & Woolley..guess they will need 30shots a game

Core? 2 players Fair & Woolley..guess they will need 30shots a game
They brought in the point guard. I would suspect fair moves to the two and Woolley to the three. Latham will be the power forward. There are other players on the team that will be in their second year in the system that will provide depth.
Much stronger Core than coach Jack was dealt when she took over.
Now is this team going to win a national championship next year. No, but if they get at least two additional bigs I could easily see an ncaa tournament team and over 20 wins.

They brought in the point guard. I would suspect fair moves to the two and Woolley to the three. Latham will be the power forward. There are other players on the team that will be in their second year in the system that will provide depth.
Now is this team going to win a national championship next year. No, but if they get at least two additional bigs I could easily see an ncaa tournament team and over 20 wins.

Agreed 144% - we’ve got a solid nucleus,
but desperately need 2 Bigs to fill out the roster.

Wooley Bully should be a mismatch nightmare for opponents at the 3.

Agreed 144% - we’ve got a solid nucleus,
but desperately need 2 Bigs to fill out the roster.

Wooley Bully should be a mismatch nightmare for opponents at the 3.
Don't sleep on Burrows, from Australia, the development system in Australia is as good as any in the world.
They identify the best players at a young age, and get them special training.
Laureen Jackson is the head of the Opals Association.

20 wins? Depending on non ACC schedule, we will struggle in ACC as a team like Virginia has vastly improved, Louisville/Miami reloaded, ND/VaTech still solid. Not seeing a lot on the bench that adds pts/rebounds so lot of pressure on freshmen.

Pitt got two commits yesterday... Man I hope the Janae Walker girl commits here lol

Pitt got two commits yesterday... Man I hope the Janae Walker girl commits here lol
Last year, we had Wood, Strong and Cochran plus the UB commits from portal by end of April.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom