Portal II - Revenge of the Portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Portal II - Revenge of the Portal

I have issues sometimes with the portal in relation to nil but cannot argue that su has done well in the portal. I believe all the portal picks are higher rated then all of our high school recruits.

I have issues sometimes with the portal in relation to nil but cannot argue that su has done well in the portal. I believe all the portal picks are higher rated then all of our high school recruits.
Yes, but are they any good? I’m always cautious if we get a transfer who never played at his previous school for whatever reason. At that point HS ratings are out the window. i know one thing. i would rather have guys who have proven they can excel at this level even if their HS rating wasn’t as good .

Yes, but are they any good? I’m always cautious if we get a transfer who never played at his previous school for whatever reason. At that point HS ratings are out the window. i know one thing. i would rather have guys who have proven they can excel at this level even if their HS rating wasn’t as good .
We finally have a staff of coaches who have proven that they can find good players and coach them.
That is the most important thing for college football.
Find quality players and coach them up.
We are never going to get a lot of 4 or 5 star players, so we have to find players with ability, and put them on position to win.

P5 Puts and Takes

Current Roster 14 Transfers from P5 Programs

Adds
QB, - Shrader Miss St., CDRW Fla, Davis SC
WR - Adams, FSU
TE - Villari, Mich
OL - Bleich Fla, Wohlabaugh UK
DL - Ingraham Bama
DB, Clark Rut, Oliver Lville, Bellamy ND, Gould Neb, Martin Neb
ST - Stonehouse Missouri

Losses 5 out this year.
QB - Lamson Stanford
DL - Linton Tex Tech, Geer SC
DB - Chestnut LSU, Carter OSU

I think the program is doing a good job every cycle using the portal to improve the roster.

Until this year the prior losses, (Harris, Devito, Morris, ……) haven’t been very impactful. If they can cover Chestnut and Carters loss, that trend will continue.

P5 Puts and Takes

Current Roster 14 Transfers from P5 Programs

Adds
QB, - Shrader Miss St., CDRW Fla, Davis SC
WR - Adams, FSU
TE - Villari, Mich
OL - Bleich Fla, Wohlabaugh UK
DL - Ingraham Bama
DB, Clark Rut, Oliver Lville, Bellamy ND, Gould Neb, Martin Neb
ST - Stonehouse Missouri

Losses 5 out this year.
QB - Lamson Stanford
DL - Linton Tex Tech, Geer SC
DB - Chestnut LSU, Carter OSU

I think the program is doing a good job every cycle using the portal to improve the roster.

Until this year the prior losses, (Harris, Devito, Morris, ……) haven’t been very impactful. If they can cover Chestnut and Carters loss, that trend will continue.
They only had one reliable receiver last year. Harris had his issues, but his presence on the field would have opened things up for Oronde and even Tucker out of the backfield.

They only had one reliable receiver last year. Harris had his issues, but his presence on the field would have opened things up for Oronde and even Tucker out of the backfield.
He quit in the middle of last season. not a normal transfer

Agree May be a take but we do have DV and the freshman te that got a lot of buzz in spring. Also Maher. All three are in good he system and been working with the qbs. Bring in a new te would not get on campus until July.
I feel we will use the te a lot this year. Two te plus OG on some sets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom