Portal II - Revenge of the Portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Portal II - Revenge of the Portal

One thing I’d do today is sit down with the defensive guys and package a deal to monetize the Mob podcast. Line up 150k in sponsors. Help them sell ads, drive subscriptions, make it an internship so they can get credits. Set them up with live streaming so they can get money with super chats. Put them in a studio. Give them a producer. Get them alum guests to drive views.

get a sponsor to pay 5k an appearance for a player guest to let them spread the wealth.

teach everyone on the team how to create IP and make some money

id do the same with the key offensive guys as well.

One thing I’d do today is sit down with the defensive guys and package a deal to monetize the Mob podcast. Line up 150k in sponsors. Help them sell ads, drive subscriptions, make it an internship so they can get credits. Set them up with live streaming so they can get money with super chats. Put them in a studio. Give them a producer. Get them alum guests to drive views.

get a sponsor to pay 5k an appearance for a player guest to let them spread the wealth.

Great ideas!

We have two four star recruits in our QB room right now. If we got either of those guys out of HS we would have lost our minds.

We have access to talent we wouldn't get out of high school, usually.

Also, our OC and DC just left. Of course we were going to lose guys. Add in NIL opps and the portal, it's just the way it is.

Just have to get used to it, be good at it, and win some hearts and minds.
People don't realize how much talent is buried on good teams. They hoard talent and have no issues with these guys never seeing the field. Playing time matters if you want to get to the next league. This is why we have shots with guys on round two when they realize they were lied to. We will always offer playing time -- it's the best thing we got. Duce took advantage of it and then cashed in. So be it.

For a kid like Duce or whoever similar he’s leaving a guaranteed starting kid and possible captain type role and his next CB coach might already favor other kids and make him (the universal guy like him) a nickel.

It seems like a needless risk in a sport with so many players and margins so thin.

Heck our hoops players who didn’t like their old meanie of a coach didn’t really find greener pastures in a sport with far less guys to worry about.
What is crazy to me about this early portal window is how many coaching staffs will still change when the NFL coaching carousel picks up?

Unless portalers are going to a new coaching staff (e.g. Nebraska) then they're rolling the dice their coordinator or position coach won't get caught in the second wave coaching churn when NFL teams start canning coaches.

And if they're going to a newly hired coaching staff then (to your point) they're putting up guaranteed starters minutes for a shot against 2-3 other guys also poached from the portal.

Cray cray.

If you think it's bad now, wait till they get rid of the 85 player scholarship limit like the SEC wants...

Would it really matter? I'm not sure a bunch of 4* high school kids would be okay being 3rd or 4th string on a roster of 150 kids. NIL is important, but opportunity is more important.

If I’m Dino for him or anyone else similarly situated I say go see what the market says and give me an opportunity to match.

My assumption was that they would have already had that discussion, and that he already knew what offer was out there.

Maybe Dino said you can come back, who knows.

Good idea, creative.

Would it really matter? I'm not sure a bunch of 4* high school kids would be okay being 3rd or 4th string on a roster of 150 kids. NIL is important, but opportunity is more important.
Of course it would matter. Clemson has gotten 5 star QB's 3 years in a row. Good players all think they're going to play, until they don't. You think the schools will tell them they're bringing them in for depth?

Being on a football team and being in love is like the same thing. Great until you find yourself on the bench, replaced by another.

Second portal period closed and we faired better than I thought. I was sure we would loose between 4 to 6 more players. It sucks to loose Geer and Lamson but it could have been a lot worse. We retained all our starters this time around.
Now time for the coaches to attempt to fill some area of need.
Let’s go Orange.

Does this mean the portal is closed for good now for this upcoming season?

Assuming no surprises, go get

three ol
one qb,
two db’s
one Wr
one de

The last time the portal closed we heard about names for about 4 days. I don't think we are out of the woods yet.

Well, we offered a QB.

Basing this on posted stats from both Charlotte / HS only -- no film or other input -- but he seems like a relatively inaccurate passer [no idea about other aspects of his game]. Might be a stop gap option, to get an experienced kid on the roster.

Basing this on posted stats from both Charlotte / HS only -- no film or other input -- but he seems like a relatively inaccurate passer [no idea about other aspects of his game]. Might be a stop gap option, to get an experienced kid on the roster.
Definitely a late bloomer, played decent versus Maryland in his only start last season. In a R*vals article, it said he entered high school at only 5'6 and 130 pounds. Holy growth spurt.

Reminder that schools have up to 48 hrs to submit names into the portal

So give it till Wednesday afternoon to see where all the dust settles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom