Portal WRs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Portal WRs

You're probably right, but I don't think there are that many sizable defensive linemen who are high school kids who could make an impact in the ACC who are still out there, without suitors, who we would have any kind of shot at. Don't you think?

What's worse, burning too many scholies on short-term JUCO fixes, or having another 4 or 5 win season and missing another bowl? Beggars can't be choosers, is my point. The need and the consequence is too great to fail.
We cannot, absolutely cannot, have another year like last year, where we got "big boyed" all season long.
Hold on. Let me ask Bill Snyder.

I don't think the staff will take that many JC/Transfers.
JUCO/Transfers may not be ideal (e.g., Alexander) but TJ certainly worked out - went right to the top of the heap and became the leading receiver with twice the production as Harris in yards and catches, 11 TD's to 2, etc, etc. If there's a talented player out there at WR, QB or (especially) DT, it would be silly not to take a shot.

Last edited:
OK - I'll be that guy who asks the question. While I'm very confident the NCAA is totally inconsistent in granting of waivers - what has been some of their rationale when they do grant a waiver?

How much are you willing to pay to get this information?

Totally agree. Haven’t we had a different leading receiver every year Dino has been here? Not concerned with that position at all. We seem to do fine there. I think we will be ok next year with what we have already on the roster.

Two of those leading receivers were transfers though. And Ishmael was already a good player, who just got more opportunities as a senior. Custus is really the only guy who came from doing nothing/barely playing to being a big time player.

I have no idea what to expect at WR.

If upgrades are available and interested, I say we take them, regardless of position. If they're not an upgrade, move along.

I mentioned this elsewhere but the list of WRs who are immediately eligible (5th year grads) is thin.

Somebody currently in the WR corps is really going to have to take a big step up in 2020.

I don't care if it's someone in house or a transfer, we need a big possession receiver, a la Custis, to step up and contribute next season.

Jordan and Alford will step up, someone pretty much always steps up. We have talent here. Be more worried about our Oline. If V twists an ankle we have no one behind him and even with the refurbed line there are still questions.

I don't care if it's someone in house or a transfer, we need a big possession receiver, a la Custis, to step up and contribute next season.
I don't know that I'd classify Custis as a possession reciever. He mostly filled the deep threat role. In 2018 Riley filled that role, having caught more passes with a lower per catch average. Philips did that before him. It seems like most of the time the inside recievers are more possession guys and outside guys are meant to be deep threats. I would love to see one of our bigger more physical guys be able to step into that, though. It seems like we'd have a better chance at breaking a tackle or two... or at least punishing a DB for making the tackle.

Keep an eye on Mitel. Kid is ripped. Very physical receiver
Also i really like Benson at WR. I hope they dont try and bulk him up. Keep him at 220 and play him outside. Kid is bid, fast and has excellent hands. I think he ends up being a star.

For those of you who might be confused, this is the FB recruiting forum. If you want to discuss current players or coaches please take it to the football forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom