Portal WRs | Syracusefan.com

Portal WRs

IHeartSUFball

All Conference
Anyone got some names that are possible, I assume we use a scholly on one

This might not be a popular opinion...I think we are good at WR. I think Taj steps up, and that we have plenty of internal weapons. I would say the vast majority of us have no clue on Hendrix...but he has 2 years in the system, even if it’s with minimal practice time. Some young guns like Mital (sp?) and guys that we saw some glimpses of ( cam). This position doesn’t worry me...perceived lack of production from last year included.

That being said...if a stud wants to come in and hopefully be in position to play and contribute. Get it.

That being said...if a stud wants to come in and hopefully be in position to play and contribute. Get it.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. If there's someone who can make an impact and improve the team, go get him. But I also think the OL will be much improved next year. That improvement is going to resonate across the QB, RBs, WRs, TEs.

The most important thing now is Bleich getting that waiver.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. If there's someone who can make an impact and improve the team, go get him. But I also think the OL will be much improved next year. That improvement is going to resonate across the QB, RBs, WRs, TEs.

Also where I am at...the very offensive O Line play last year was more problematic than anything. We fix that (and I really think we will), things will be better.

I firmly believe that whoever TD’s #1 receiver is next year...will get drafted (if eligible). I think that’s Taj...but if there is protection...the production is going to soar in 2020.

This might not be a popular opinion...I think we are good at WR. I think Taj steps up, and that we have plenty of internal weapons. I would say the vast majority of us have no clue on Hendrix...but he has 2 years in the system, even if it’s with minimal practice time. Some young guns like Mital (sp?) and guys that we saw some glimpses of ( cam). This position doesn’t worry me...perceived lack of production from last year included.
Totally agree. Haven’t we had a different leading receiver every year Dino has been here? Not concerned with that position at all. We seem to do fine there. I think we will be ok next year with what we have already on the roster.

It would be very helpful to bring in like a Shorter or Black (as long as they are healthy) to have that experience at Wr. since Trishten Jackson is declaring for the draft.

Also where I am at...the very offensive O Line play last year was more problematic than anything. We fix that (and I really think we will), things will be better.

I firmly believe that whoever TD’s #1 receiver is next year...will get drafted (if eligible). I think that’s Taj...but if there is protection...the production is going to soar in 2020.

I wouldn't feel as good about it, had we not given Bergeron run at tackle and then made that Vettorello/Servais switch. The OL in the last 3 games was much different than the first 9.

Addition by subtraction with the Alexander mistake. If Bleich can step in for Adams, that takes some pressure off. You have Davis, White, Red all a year older. It's going to be a much more confident group.

Okay I just hope we use all these scholarships and get 1-3 transfers that can make an impact regardless of position

Where's the beef?
ElatedWelllitAphid-small.gif

Okay I just hope we use all these scholarships and get 1-3 transfers that can make an impact regardless of position
Most transfers in the portal from an FBS school are going to have to sit a year unless granted a waiver.

And getting a couple more big guys for the interior D line.

If you asked me “next year would you rather have a DL or WR grad transfer?” I would tell you I want a DL. But if for some reason we strike out there then I would take a WR. But please I hope it’s a DT.

If you asked me “next year would you rather have a DL or WR grad transfer?” I would tell you I want a DL. But if for some reason we strike out there then I would take a WR. But please I hope it’s a DT.

We've got about 6 spots left. Hopefully we don't take another skills player before we really address the lack of beef on the defensive line. And I still think we probably need another experienced, sizable offensive lineman more than we need another receiver.

As much as we might want to pretend the last 3 games were so much better, the season was already kind of over. Tommy didn't even throw for 200 yards in the first 2 of them, although Welch managed 236 in the finale.

Yes, we ran better. But how real was it? We put up huge yards against Louisville, but we were never closer than 15-20 points for most of the game. We actually did a bit better when Welch came in for Tommy.
The Duke game made we think we had turned a corner, and then that team kind of disappeared in the last 2 games. The defense didn't help things a bit. But some of that offensive production may have been fool's gold.

Ideally for me, we close out this class with:

1. JC / Transfer DT
2. JC / Transfer NT
3. JC / Transfer QB
4. JC / Transfer OL (G or C)
5. Frosh QB
6. A transfer WR like this Michigan kid

Those, to me, are by area of need, and some of it is serious, serious need.

Most transfers in the portal from an FBS school are going to have to sit a year unless granted a waiver.
OK - I'll be that guy who asks the question. While I'm very confident the NCAA is totally inconsistent in granting of waivers - what has been some of their rationale when they do grant a waiver?

We've got about 6 spots left. Hopefully we don't take another skills player before we really address the lack of beef on the defensive line. And I still think we probably need another experienced, sizable offensive lineman more than we need another receiver.

As much as we might want to pretend the last 3 games were so much better, the season was already kind of over. Tommy didn't even throw for 200 yards in the first 2 of them, although Welch managed 236 in the finale.

Yes, we ran better. But how real was it? We put up huge yards against Louisville, but we were never closer than 15-20 points for most of the game. We actually did a bit better when Welch came in for Tommy.
The Duke game made we think we had turned a corner, and then that team kind of disappeared in the last 2 games. The defense didn't help things a bit. But some of that offensive production may have been fool's gold.

Ideally for me, we close out this class with:

1. JC / Transfer DT
2. JC / Transfer NT
3. JC / Transfer QB
4. JC / Transfer OL (G or C)
5. Frosh QB
6. A transfer WR like this Michigan kid

Those, to me, are by area of need, and some of it is serious, serious need.
I don't think the staff will take that many JC/Transfers.

I don't think the staff will take that many JC/Transfers.

You're probably right, but I don't think there are that many sizable defensive linemen who are high school kids who could make an impact in the ACC who are still out there, without suitors, who we would have any kind of shot at. Don't you think?

What's worse, burning too many scholies on short-term JUCO fixes, or having another 4 or 5 win season and missing another bowl? Beggars can't be choosers, is my point. The need and the consequence is too great to fail.
We cannot, absolutely cannot, have another year like last year, where we got "big boyed" all season long.

OK - I'll be that guy who asks the question. While I'm very confident the NCAA is totally inconsistent in granting of waivers - what has been some of their rationale when they do grant a waiver?

Harbaugh [surprisingly] came up with a decent idea of giving every student-athlete a one-time automatic waiver. No need to produce any reasons - I've got a sick relative, I'm depressed, the food sucks.

It probably won't happen but at least it evens things out for everyone.

You're probably right, but I don't think there are that many sizable defensive linemen who are high school kids who could make an impact in the ACC who are still out there, without suitors, who we would have any kind of shot at. Don't you think?

What's worse, burning too many scholies on short-term JUCO fixes, or having another 4 or 5 win season and missing another bowl? Beggars can't be choosers, is my point. The need and the consequence is too great to fail.
We cannot, absolutely cannot, have another year like last year, where we got "big boyed" all season long.
Got our butts kicked on the line all year. Address it. Portal must be pounded

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom