Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

Well Brenden S. has ties with Mack so that's a positive thing right now.

And now that MD has their PG the main competition is supposedly Gtown (lot going on with them, most of it not appealing IMO). If things drag out past the end of the tourney I'd bet we see some big time programs get involved.

And now that MD has their PG the main competition is supposedly Gtown (lot going on with them, most of it not appealing IMO). If things drag out past the end of the tourney I'd bet we see some big time programs get involved.
Hoyas have very big war chest

And they sucked last year and have yet to snag any big pieces. We have a center in place, a shooter, a good 2G and a Burger Boy plus another shooter coming in.
We also have a way bigger and more passionate fanbase that takes over their arena. Donnie and the staff should have Mack watch this season's game and then ask for what program he wants to play.

This is interesting. Regardless of how much money you have you need that first domino to drop in order to convince others they are joining a program on the rise. Until you get that it's a lot of blind faith.

That is why I thought the Mintz rumors would be true. Gives them a name and Mintz a big bag.

So how real is this Malik Mack thing?

With Gillespie going to Maryland I think that really opens things up for us. And it sounds like he already has ties to the program.

How confident are we feeling?
I don't believe we are going to be a player for Mack. Too much of a asking price. Hope I am wrong. We will get a good pt guard that on the surface may disappoint us in the short term.

I don't believe we are going to be a player for Mack. Too much of a asking price. Hope I am wrong. We will get a good pt guard that on the surface may disappoint us in the short term.

Ooof on that last sentence

I don't believe we are going to be a player for Mack. Too much of an asking price. Hope I am wrong. We will get a good pt guard that on the surface may disappoint us in the short term.
I hope it’s not Leffew or Carlos. Based on my analysis of Lampkin I bet it is. Sigh.

Just my theory...

I think Red has way too much confidence in JJ as a player and possibly as PG. This could be...not good.

Bell at least makes shots.

We saw absolutely nothing that suggests JJ could be a full time PG...or honestly even a part time PG.

JG3 had better vision on the floor in Year 1 than JJ did last year and I LIKE JJ (offensively). Just as a slashing SG.
I don’t disagree. Joe to this point in his career was a better player than JJ and he was absolutely ripped here for his pg deficiencies. JJ has a better reputation for whatever reason here. Probably because of HS ranking.

Maybe Donnie can play PG

That's a joke ^^

This is a nightmare.

Well if we are headed into crash and burn territory then so be it I guess. If we can’t get this thing humming it’s going to be hard to fully re engage into cbb anymore… this off season is huge for I think a lot of us who are just kinda meh at this point.

I hope it’s not Leffew or Carlos. Based on my analysis of Lampkin I bet it is. Sigh.
If you are hinting at NIL here, I'm not sure your "analysis" is accurate.

On a different note, Leffew is highly skilled and is drawing high major interest from several schools.