Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

This isn't directed at you as the poster, SDC -- just responding to the article.

I own that this is my opinion only, but I don't think we'll see the coaching staff looking at any more traditional lead guards, for two reasons:

1. They already brought in a pure point transfer in Carlos
  2. We have several other players who have positional versatility to either chip in with the playmaking / ballhandling, or potentially handle it outright -- Westry, JJ, and Cuffe.

Any other guards they bring in, I'd expect to be combos or wings -- fitting the mold of the positional versatility described in point #2 above.

When Carlos is in the game -- whether as a starter or reserve -- I think we'll see a traditional approach where he's the primary ball-handler and facilitator. Otherwise, I think the objective is to have lots of guys who can do a lot of different things, who might be able to chip in.

This isn't directed at you as the poster, SDC -- just responding to the article.

I own that this is my opinion only, but I don't think we'll see the coaching staff looking at any more traditional lead guards, for two reasons:

1. They already brought in a pure point transfer in Carlos
  2. We have several other players who have positional versatility to either chip in with the playmaking / ballhandling, or potentially handle it outright -- Westry, JJ, and Cuffe.

Any other guards they bring in, I'd expect to be combos or wings -- fitting the mold of the positional versatility described in point #2 above.

When Carlos is in the game -- whether as a starter or reserve -- I think we'll see a traditional approach where he's the primary ball-handler and facilitator. Otherwise, I think the objective is to have lots of guys who can do a lot of different things, who might be able to chip in.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, just wanted to provide a link to what's still out there.

Not really a pg but figured I'd post here because this seems to be where the action is. NY kid thats a sniper from long range.

This is the kind of guy we could use. Got his Ivy degree, wants to play top level D1 basketball, not likely to start at P5 schools. Sharpshooter. The more shots he makes the more minutes he plays.

I wish that Syracuse had some of that Moonshine money for NIL.
WVU with a new coach now has two of the top players from the portal. We need a big NIL sugar daddy that can help us compete with the top 10-20 programs for players.

WVU with a new coach now has two of the top players from the portal. We need a big NIL sugar daddy that can help us compete with the top 10-20 programs for players.
Hah. We are all dumber for reading your comment that we should be more like WVU.

I'd imagine the NIL is a little cheaper if you sleep with the kid's Mom.

You better copyright that quick.

NILF

Screenshot 2024-05-02 104629.jpg

SU has swung big and missed a few times this portal season, and that's 'okay', but for those simply looking at "who's next" at PG, it may be time to address the current portal situation in that there's not much high-level talent left out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom