Possible WR Coach?: Lanear Sampson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Possible WR Coach?: Lanear Sampson

Nah, Mitch Browning type hired after bowl season and living out of a hotel for next season most likely, lol.

i-live-in-a-van-down-by-the-river.gif

New OC Art Briles ?

Just being silly, or am I

At this stage I'd take the devil himself as OC if it meant an effective passing game. Someone call Tom Brady and get the devil's number. Clearly they're good buds. What else can explain this guy's career run?

The OC has to be Dino or Sowder. You don't hire a Baylor O guy if you aren't going to use the Baylor O. On top of that if this guy can coach, why were our WRs so bad last year?
This hire does not give me a lot of hope for next season offensively. Our wr have been ineffective. Not sure a coach with limited coaching experience is going to make the necessary changes. I’ve liked some of the more recent coaching highers with white, Schmidt and specials coach. DB continues to seem to force a round peg into a square hole offensively.

At this stage I'd take the devil himself as OC if it meant an effective passing game. Someone call Tom Brady and get the devil's number. Clearly they're good buds. What else can explain this guy's career run?
His name is Adam Weitsman

Just kidding

What if the new OC has already consulted/approved the hire, but the OC won't be announced until after bowl he is coaching in is over?

That's my hope.

Realistic expectation tho is we don't have an OC because it will be a c-list Mitch Browning type hired after all the musical chairs stop and he'll be living out of a hotel room for one season.
I don't see why they'd wait to announce the OC until after a bowl game. A million coaches, including coordinators and head coaches of teams playing in bowl games, have already announced they were taking new jobs. Fairly confident it has nothing to do with that and more that this just seems to be Dino's MO when it comes to hires, especially Coordinators.

The man has no ties to our recruiting areas, but by golly he has an infectious and great personality.

Plus he middled around the league for a few years.

I have confidence he can do well recruiting, not sure about coaching.

Don’t forget he’s already “an expert in the passing game”

The OC has to be Dino or Sowder. You don't hire a Baylor O guy if you aren't going to use the Baylor O. On top of that if this guy can coach, why were our WRs so bad last year?
He wasn’t the WR coach?

There has been no official announcement right? I’m not sure I’m ready to believe one random dudes tweet. If it was Bailey/Axe sure but who is this guy?

Would definitely get rid of the "clean program" stigma.
I like it; energize the fanbase and show that SU is serious about competing. Of course, with SU not being a real player in P5 FB, it would never happen. Too bad we’re never pushing the envelope like Baylor

I like it; energize the fanbase and show that SU is serious about competing. Of course, with SU not being a real player in P5 FB, it would never happen. Too bad we’re never pushing the envelope like Baylor
Briles is not going to get a job anywhere. Hiring a ethically and morally compromised person would smear the University and probably trigger a huge headache.

There are other ways to show your serious about competing without selling your soul

He wasn’t the WR coach?
It is possible that his role had nothing to do with working with our WRs. But our WRs were so bad last year it would seem irresponsible to not have him at some point work with the WRs. Dino was complaining about the WRs not getting the system back in September. If you have an asset why would you not use it?

It is possible that his role had nothing to do with working with our WRs. But our WRs were so bad last year it would seem irresponsible to not have him at some point work with the WRs. Dino was complaining about the WRs not getting the system back in September. If you have an asset why would you not use it?
OC and old WR coach aren’t here anymore and this guy gets promoted. I think you’re seeing exactly what you’re describing.

Hard to elevate a voice when there are people in those jobs already

He was a grad assistant at SU 4 seasons ago

OC and old WR coach aren’t here anymore and this guy gets promoted. I think you’re seeing exactly what you’re describing.

Hard to elevate a voice when there are people in those jobs already
Fired the TE coach, replaced the wr coach with a low cost role with no expectations… clearly we are going full triple option wishbone. Come on, man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom